cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to access NOWTV services through Virgin Broadband

A month or so ago we lost access to the entertainment package through our NowTv box. I had thought that this would resolve itself over a day or so but we were never able to get access again. Only after trying to log onto my NowTV account through my PC I realised that the problem was more than just a small glitch, whenever I try to log into my NowTv account through my home broadband on all my devices, pc and mobile phone I get the error message '!unable to sign you in, please try again later' where the log in details boxes should be on the webpage. The NowTV website loads, just that there is no longer a log in box for me to log in with, just the error message.

I am presuming that this is the reason why my NowTv box is no longer able to access the live channels on the entertainment package, or any of the content/boxsets.

When I switch to using my mobile Internet access through my phone rather than my home broadband I am able to access my now tv account through my pc and mobile phone with no issues at all.

From what I have read from other customers it appears that there is a possibility that NowTv /Sky has blocked my ip from accessing their services (random I know). I did try to get help through Now TV help and support and also through the call centre/live chat, but they didn't really have any idea of what I was trying to explain or have any idea of the possibility that my ip may have been blocked. They did ask if I had used a VPN, which I explained to them that I didn't have a clue what a VPN was so no I hadn't used a VPN, they said that the problem was with Virgin Broadband, I did check with Virgin Broadband and they confirmed that they have definitely not blocked my my Internet access to NowTV services.
Would it be possible for someone at NowTV to please check the possibility of my Virgin Broadband IP address being blocked and if so, could it be unblocked? My family and I are definatley missing our access!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

UPDATE 31/03/19

Just to update, I randomly checked to see if I was able to log into my NOW TV account through my Virgin Broadband, and oddly enough I could!  We have also purchased an entertainment package and our NOW TV appears to be working fine, as it did previously, hopefully NOW TV will prevent this issue arising in future!! 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried switching off the power to your Virgin Hub Router for about 30 minutes, just in case you have a rogue IP address ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks very much for your suggestion, I unplugged the router and left it off all day while I went to work, plugged it back in when I got home, (almost 10 hours) and tried to log into my account through the Virgin broadband, still no access unfortunately! Just the same error message where the login box on the webpage should be...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

See if anything on this help guide works.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/error-code-014-now-tv-box

If no joy, see if setting up a guest network on your Virgin Hub Router makes any difference when using your nowtv devices.

Info linked below taken from the Virgin Media Help Centre (click on the hub router version picture you have to see instructions).

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/200300000001000/article/HELP-2915/Setting-up-a-guest-network-on-your-Virgin-Media-Hub?query=Guest%20network 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Also see if there is anything in this thread that can help.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Internet-Connection/m-p/486021#M6589

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks again for your suggestion have tried both and still no luck in accessing any services, got the same results after trying to fix the box using the instructions and also had the same results after setting up a guest WiFi on my home broadband.  There's definitely something with NowTv preventing access through my home broadband as I was able to see the log in box on their webpage no problem from work, my friend's house and also through my mobile connection, it's a shame as this is the first problem I have encountered with NowTv but this problem is major, I guess they don't want people to be able to access their service and are also not able or willing to help! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Don't know what else to suggest to be honest Smiley Sad

Hopefully either a Virgin Media forum member will offer some further suggestions to try or a NowTV Forum Team member will pick up your posts from here and provide you some assistance and help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly same problem, looking on virgin and now TV forums it seems IP address blocking by Now/ Sky.  Please can a now TV advisor contact me to check my account? Thanks Dean

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having exactly the same issue here, I have even had to log out of my WiFi and use my phone Internet to login to this forum. Very poor show nowtv.

I will probably have to cancel my subscriptions, which is a massive shame as I was using this service to cut down the cost of having the full sky works, alas, I will find other means of TV via Virgin now I think.

If someone does find a solution, could you contact me. Many thanks. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exact same problem for last 3 week's. Works perfect off mobile hotspot. But when connect to virgin Wi-Fi now tv app won't work. Says unable to load sign in please try again later. This is through the box ,stick, laptop etc. Have been on and off live chat all day with no solutions. . Spoke to virgin media . They have said now tv must have blocked the ip address. As my internet works fine. Told now tv this and they keep saying speak to your internet provider! done all the things suggested but no luck. Shame to have to cancel my now tv but I am not paying a fortune to watch through mobile hotspot when we have perfectly fine Wi-Fi.