cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to Change Account Name

Hi all,

Back in the late 90s my Ex and I had Sky TV. It was the very early days of the Internet so only I had an email address set up then. Sky was paid from a joint account but I'm guessing at some point she paid the bill from her card or some such... I'm guessing because it was 20 years ago but somehow her name is attached to my email address. We married, lived together for over a decade, divorced, cancelled Sky (maybe not in that order!), got on with our lives, both remarried, had kids etc etc etc.

Fast forward many years and my family of 8 years is watching Now TV and the maiden name of my ex-wife pops up on the account. Awkward

I set NowTV up again last Christmas but through an App or Similar where I put card details in and never saw the name until we started using a PC in the lounge. 

Pretty certain this is attached to the old Sky days which I sort of get but according to this article (https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-or-update-personal-details) I need to contact Live Chat to solve. Except they can't. They have therefore asked me to post in here. Not sure that will help but here we are.

At no point ever did that email address belong to my ex. At no point did she - at least to my knowledge! - have Sky or Now TV off her own bat... and if she did then I'd love to know how they verified her email address. Possibly she signed up again with a new email address and name (she's remarried remember) or her husband has it but I either know nor care, they live in a different county and we're not on speaking terms!

So as far as I am concerned this was and has always been my email / account and I have always been the bill payer and consumer.

But the wrong name is attached to it and I can't change it.

Anyone had any luck off the back of posting on here? Maybe a written complaint to head office or to the ICO?

I know legally the fourth principle of the DPA means I could go to court over it but that just seems so massively ridiculous for such a simple update!

Cheers for any ideas 🙂

0 REPLIES 0