cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Occasional Poster

Re: Trying to cancel subscription

I too am trying to cancel my subscription to an entertainment pass. Having signed up, it seems to be charging me for two running concurrently. When I try to cancel, I go through the various screens after selecting cancel pass, and the repeated prompts not to. When I get to the final 'cancel my pass' button, it keeps coming back with 'sorry there was an error, please try again' in red in a drop down box. This happens every time, all the time. So it seems that I cannot cancel the subscription.

Apart from access to this community forum, I am not able to access any other means of communicating with NOW TV, either on my PC or Apple device.

What, exactly am I supposed to do?

I have gone from someone wanting to cancel one of the concurrently running passes (I obviously dont need two) and seeing if the other is worth having, to someone very frustrated and angry with NOW TV and not wishing to continue at all with it due to feeling trapped.

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@parkpd wrote:

I too am trying to cancel my subscription to an entertainment pass. Having signed up, it seems to be charging me for two running concurrently. When I try to cancel, I go through the various screens after selecting cancel pass, and the repeated prompts not to. When I get to the final 'cancel my pass' button, it keeps coming back with 'sorry there was an error, please try again' in red in a drop down box. This happens every time, all the time. So it seems that I cannot cancel the subscription.

Apart from access to this community forum, I am not able to access any other means of communicating with NOW TV, either on my PC or Apple device.

What, exactly am I supposed to do?

I have gone from someone wanting to cancel one of the concurrently running passes (I obviously dont need two) and seeing if the other is worth having, to someone very frustrated and angry with NOW TV and not wishing to continue at all with it due to feeling trapped.

Hi @parkpd 

From your description at first glance it did sound as if you had two accounts on the go at first but now I'm not so sure. Just in case this is the issue. See the following help article But from your  description I don't think this is the case

The good news is, if you can login to the forum as you have done. You should be able to use the email and live chat functions on the help site.

To use live chat. Click here then scroll down to the bottom of the page, click "contact us" and then click  "live chat" or alternatively you can follow the exact same process and click "email us" instead of contact us. Whichever option you choose remember to provide as much detail as possible as this will make it easier for now TV to help you.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Mentor

I am trying to cancel my subscription, however when I click on my account it keep taking me back to the home page which is incredibly frustrating. Please can you help!!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@sehammond28 wrote:

I am trying to cancel my subscription, however when I click on my account it keep taking me back to the home page which is incredibly frustrating. Please can you help!!

Hi @sehammond28 

It sounds like you're logging into an account which is not fully set up for now TV. A now TV account is linked to a sky ID and it is possible to have multiple sky IDs. It's possible that you may have multiple sky IDs If you've had sky TV in the past.

If you use now TV on multiple devices doublecheck the account name, that they are using to make sure your using  the correct account name when you're logging into your account on a PC in order to cancel.

If you have done the above and are still having issues cancelling click here and scroll down to the bottom of page, click "contact us" and then click either "live chat" or "email" whichever option you choose just remember to provide now TV with as much detail as possible.

Note that you can also find your account Username on the newsletter emails that now TV send you so if you can find one of now TVs emails you will be able to find your username, you should have also have received a confirmation email containing your username when you first created your now TV account.

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Advocate

Agggggggg trying to cancel nov tv . Can anyone help . Seems to me like I'm being blocked from trying
0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

@Alexa552,

Thanks for getting in touch with the Forum. Sorry to hear that you wish to leave the service.

As this is an account related query. I have sent you pinged you over an email which should help us with your request.

Any problems, give me a shout!

Michael

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi, 

I am trying to cancel Movies pass and once inside My account, the only option I have for "Sky Movies Pass" is to click "Invite"... No cancellation button.

Really dissapointed as the Chat option is neither available.

thanks 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@antoniogonzgar

Welcome to the forum. Is Invite the only button you see? Does the Sky Movies Month Pass show you the details of your movies pass? If there is a Buy Pass button you might be logged into the wrong account, and your pass is on a different account instead. Otherwise, might be an issue with your browser. It's recommended you use a desktop/laptop and maybe try a different browser.
Highlighted
Advocate

I cannot cancel my subscriptions even after following the instructions. I only have 1 account and I need to cancel it
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@katiemo2112 although you might only have one NOW TV account it's likely that you have two SkyIDs (one linked to broadband, email or Sky TV). If you use the wrong one clicking My Account just takes you to the homepage.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
0 Thanks