cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to cancel subscription

I tried to cancel my subscription last month and it failed as you have to agree to end subscription like 3 times which is ridiculous.
Anyways I was charged for a service I didn’t use the entire month can I get the money back?
Also can somebody from customer service tell me if I’ve actually cancelled this time?
Thanks.
Dean
1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Four times. If you quite after three, you aren’t Cancelled.

You are supposed to get an email if you cancel, and this is your confirmation that it has succeeded.

But the simplest thing is to go into My Account/Passes & Vouchers, and see what it says there about the Pass in question; that should tell you if you are Cancelled or not.

If you get onto Live Chat and explain, and you haven’t used the Pass in the new period, they should refund you.

I can understand NowTV trying to retain customers who want to Cancel, but not they way they go about it. The open and honest approach would be to send an email to everyone who starts the Cancellation process, either reporting their success in Cancelling, or confirming them accepting the Retentions offer, or warning that they have not actually succeeded in Cancelling, and is that OK?

Cynically exploiting failed Cancellations as a source of revenue is something we would all hope NowTV would not want to be a part of.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.