cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to cancel subscription

I want to cancel my subscription but after following the instructions several times I still cant manage to do this, please can someone help me. the option to go to my account is usless it does nothing but take me back to main page. trying contacting now tv direct that is also usless...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Cancel-NOW-TV

Have you tried link above? If that doesn't work you need live chat between 8am and midnight i think the times are now.

View solution in original post

293 REPLIES 293
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, i opened an account earlier this week and to my knowledge is the only now tv account that i have ever made. Yet like others when i click on "my account" it takes me to the homepage. Therefore i would like my account to be closed seeing as i cannot even use the free trial and i do not want to be charged after the 30 days. However, there is no place that i seem to be able to do this. help please?

Hi @Anonymous User

It sounds like you've signed in using a username which is not set up the now TV.

Now TV account is linked to a sky ID (your username). It is possible to have multiple sky IDs, particularly if you've had sky broadband or sky TV in the past.

Do you have a device which has the now TV app on it? If you do, you should be able to check what username the device is using. If you have a now TV box for example you can check what username it is using by going to:

Settings > system > about

Once you have found the correct username and signed in with you will then be able to cancel your passes

You can also recover your username and password by going to this help article and following the links.

If you need further assistance scroll down to the bottom of the help article I have just given you a link to and click "contact us" and then click "live chat".  There will also be an email option.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've followed the instructions on the help page to cancel, but I don't have the option to cancel!  How can I cancel this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  As this issue is account related, your post will be picked up shortly by a member of the NOW TV Team or if you want to speak with someone now you can contact Live Chat.  Click on "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page & on the next page click on "Live Chat". The link you need is http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above There's also the option to email NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am having an issue trying to cancel this free trial.  I have been trying to cancel it for days and I have now been changed £9.99 for a service I have not used.  When I try to follow the steps to access the cencel page or the live chat section I keep getting returned to the homepage.  It's ridiculous.  Can someone from Now TV pleasse contact me.  My next step will be to contact my bank to get me money back.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if clicking My Account takes you to the homepage, you've logged in with the wrong username. It's possible to have multiple Sky iDs and only the one attached to NOW TV will work. If you've had Sky Broadband or TV in the past your browser may have auto completed your old username. Try other usernames you might use or the forgotten username link on the login screen.
Also you could look through your emails for communications you've had with NOW TV and see if any of these include the correct one, or load the app which you've been watching on and check the settings to see which username is on that.

Once you've got the right one, clicking My Account will show the passes and you can cancel them with a few clicks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

WHY do I need to log into my iTunes account to cancel NowTV?  Why can't I cancel it in my NowTV account?  You are making the process of cancellation extremely difficult and I am considering raising this with the OFT.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if you purchased your pass through iTunes on your AppleTV then that's the only place you can cancel it. Apple choose to make it that way.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, i'm having problems trying to cancel my subscription too. it keeps redirecting me around in circles. The links i've come accross have all done the same.

Can someone please help me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if clicking My Account takes you to the homepage, you've logged in with the wrong username. It's possible to have multiple Sky iDs and only the one attached to NOW TV will work. If you've had Sky Broadband or TV in the past your browser may have auto completed your old username. Try other usernames you might use or the forgotten username link on the login screen.
Also you could look through your emails for communications you've had with NOW TV and see if any of these include the correct one, or load the app which you've been watching on and check the settings to see which username is on that.

Once you've got the right one, clicking My Account will show the passes and you can cancel them with a few clicks.

Alternativty if your purchased your NOW TV passes through iTunes you need to use iTunes on a Mac/PC/iPhone or iPad to cancel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to cancel my subscription, as everyone else is also saying when I try and do this it jumps back to the home page, I only have 1 e mail address I have reset all my passwords and all my details are correct so how can I have not set up my account fully, I have been paying 9:99 a month, and I have wanted to cancel for a while, I can't use live chat as the option is not there, I intend to call my bank first thing tomorrow to make sure you do not receive anymore payments, I am appalled how difficult it is to cancel SKY NOW and I will not recommend the service to anyone, I expect a speedy cancellation on my account or I will be  contacting  the ombudsman to inform them of difficulty me and other people are experiencing when trying to cancel, sort it out SKY NOW