cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trial didnt work out, can I request payment card removal please

I took up the £5 new customer trial, and had some 'make or break' issues within, at best the first 45 minutes of membership.

I have managed to figure out how to cancel all my passes, and have confirmation emails.

(The "are you sure", "are you really really sure", "are you really really really sure" procedure annoyed the hell out of me!!)

Can I remove my payment card options, as I don't want to get 'accidently' billed, or have card details left with a service im not going to use

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sorry it didn’t work out, but it certainly didn’t take you long to figure that!

And Passes are like greasy poles, aren’t they? Your first encounter is so easy, nice and smooth, but then when you want to Cancel, it’s like you have to climb back up.....

For the benefit of those that follow, though, before you go could you tell us what those make or break issues were?

To erase yourself completely, as you asked, try the advice here:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Leaving/m-p/497911/highlight/true#M14310

Nobody has come back lately and said it didn’t work for them, anyway.

So please ‘Accept Answer’ now, if you are so inclined, as you won’t be able to come back and do it later Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sorry it didn’t work out, but it certainly didn’t take you long to figure that!

And Passes are like greasy poles, aren’t they? Your first encounter is so easy, nice and smooth, but then when you want to Cancel, it’s like you have to climb back up.....

For the benefit of those that follow, though, before you go could you tell us what those make or break issues were?

To erase yourself completely, as you asked, try the advice here:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Leaving/m-p/497911/highlight/true#M14310

Nobody has come back lately and said it didn’t work for them, anyway.

So please ‘Accept Answer’ now, if you are so inclined, as you won’t be able to come back and do it later Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User B

Thanks for the reply, I will sort later (have to go to work now..)

Having the phone number listed in that I don't have to deal with live chat again.

... You asked about whaf happened..

* New customer signs up

* New customer installs android app

* Customer has streaming issues on app (data connection is good, and video quality set to 'low' to reduce bandwidth)

* Customer seeks help from Live Chat, agent cant find account, even with correct DPA details provided (a bit useless)

* Live chat alledgedly transfer to another operator, and chat gets diaconnected.

* Customer has bad service experience, on top of tech problem and cancels. Bad first impression!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, I also forgot to mention app crashed, with black screen of death, requiring force stop, after the streaming issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got billing method & address removed.

Marketing preferences switched off...

But account deletion isnt possible, 

null (22/08/2019, 12:09:52): Hi, can I request a GDPR data removal on my account please

null (22/08/2019, 12:16:08): So, you cant comply with a GDPR request?

Hmm OK, best im going to get... Though not technically compliant... Its a 50% "victory", get on with my life

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, I think Live Chat’s summary disconnections are NowTV’s Achilles’ heel - I’ve experienced this myself - and it’s an area I would like to see improved.

And not being able to find your account is a bear.

The Android app is having some issues at the moment, as it does not seem to like routers with IPV6 enabled.

So - three strikes, and you’re out. Oh well...

For the best NowTV experience, I would have recommended getting a NowTV Stick, and plugging that into a TV. But anyone taking a trial is naturally going to use a device they already have, not pony up £20-30 for a Stick on the off-chance 😞

And if you had tried, you would have anyway found that NowTV are out of stock of them.

Catalogue of disasters, really. I guess I’m lucky I found my way onto NowTV via the app on my Samsung TV, and got my first problem (subtitles aren’t sticky) addressed on here instead of on Live Chat.

Addressed, not fixed, though. I’m still waiting for that.

If only Entertainment (when it works) wasn’t so damn good.......

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F 

Bumped post...

Perhaps you could assist in the 5 day old GDPR request,  from the aftermath of everything that went wrong?

Regards.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, Ive had enough now... Im self resolving this one..

So, I obviously rattled somebody's  cage, nearly a week ago now, hence the refusal/shut me up email ... (excerpts for brevity..)

"we need to retain some information relating to you in order to maintain our records of current and previous customers." << Commercial reason, doesn't wash with GDPR, and actually adds an implied unfair retention term, for as long as an ex subscriber is considered an 'old customer' (typically 12 to 24 months for subscription services)

Blah blah ... 

"We also need to retain it for legal and regulatory purposes." << Wishy-washy ... Horse manure!

Blah blah...

"You have accepted our Terms and Conditions when signing up to NOW TV." < Rock paper scissors... GDPR statute beats civil/contract, and one of the implied 7 year terms, could be construed as excessive data retention 

NowTV wants fun & games, so, its 'game on'

The full email transcript (and webchat logs, and other docs) have been included as part of my evidence, for my I.C.O. submission.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F 

@Simon-J 

The 7 days for someone to get back to me (as its a 'tier 2 request' apparently) , regarding a GDPR request has passed, I believe ive been fobbed off. The email to casework(at)ico.org that's in my drafts box  is getting sent tonight!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Scrub that 🙂  an email came in 11 minutes ago, I'm gone 🙂

Thanks to all the community, who supported me, with my original issue, and goodbye