cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Too many devices

I need to remove my ex partner from my device. Is there anyway of doing this??

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What do you mean.

Broadband or the TV streaming side?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I need to remove my Ex partners device so he can no longer watch
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Annoyingly there is no easy way to maintain the devices. 
You will need to jump onto live chat and speak with staff. Make sure you click “chat online” within the green box and not “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Heinstein
Scholar

Would changing your Now TV password do what you want?

No one would not be able to access content without the new password.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Heinstein 

You can change the password, however that won’t automatically log you out of any devices.

Heinstein
Scholar

Oh, OK, thanks for the info, changing the password won't be enough then.  🙁

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@gavs82008 wrote:

@Heinstein 

You can change the password, however that won’t automatically log you out of any devices.

@gavs82008 @Heinstein 

Hello

When the password for a Now account is changed, you will be presented with the option to force sign out on all devices. However, this is an option, you must choose it is not the default.

Hope this helps you out

EDIT

Oh dear, I think I typed the wrong person. My apologies @Anonymous User I tagged @Heinstein Accidentally 😐

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @commanda6 

While that is certainly the method to use, and the only one we can use effectively, the last I heard was that it was broken, and though you could go through the procedure, it doesn’t  actually remove any devices any more. This has been the case ever since the device swap rules were changed.

It may have been fixed since, but I haven’t seen any news of that.

Therefore asking Live Chat to remove the device for you, after the necessary password change to ensure they can’t come back, is the only effective method at present.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.