cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starman73
Elite

Three month pass applied I didn't order

I was just checking when my sports pass expires and I saw a three month entertainment pass was applied on 14 March.  I checked emails and payments and no sign of it.  I have a payment PIN so it couldn't have been accidentally applied.  Checked my payments and saw the following...

Recent payments
Entertainment Month Pass
Paid on 14 Mar  £0.00

Happy to have a freebie, but I got zero notice of it.

Any ideas why this has happened? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
starman73
Elite

Ah I found out why - email was in spam!

As a valuable customer you’ll get a 3 month taster of the most popular TV shows with a NOW TV Entertainment Pass. The best part is that you don’t have to do anything to redeem this gift. It’s already been applied to your account.

No hidden tricks! You won’t be charged a penny unless you decide to renew at the end of the offer. 

Thanks for that!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
starman73
Elite

Ah I found out why - email was in spam!

As a valuable customer you’ll get a 3 month taster of the most popular TV shows with a NOW TV Entertainment Pass. The best part is that you don’t have to do anything to redeem this gift. It’s already been applied to your account.

No hidden tricks! You won’t be charged a penny unless you decide to renew at the end of the offer. 

Thanks for that!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"No hidden tricks! You won’t be charged a penny unless you decide to renew at the end of the offer. "

This may not be true, these were in the emails I received after I purchased a months Sky sports pass:

1. Your special offer gives you the Kids Pass for £0.00 a month for 3 Months. When your offer ends, your Pass will auto renew (my highlight) at the regular price — that’s £3.99 a month. 

2. Your special offer gives you the Entertainment Month Pass for £0.00 a month for 3 Months, When your offer ends it's just £7.99 a month. 

3. Your special offer gives you the Sky Cinema Month Pass for £0.00 a month for 3 Months. Ongoing payments are £9.99 a month. 

The kids' pass auto-renews, the others may as well - it doesn't make it clear. And why a different message for each category?

Please clarify NOW TV - providing a service I didn't order and then charging unless I cancel, may well be illegal.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any free passes I’ve recieved have not auto renewed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Cinema, Kids and Entertainment passes, that came as a free offer for three months with my Sports pass, did autorenew and I was charged for them - a total of £22.97

I never requested these in the first place, and was initially told there would be no charge unless I decided to renew. As I never made such a decision, I contacted Now TV for a refund and to cancel these passes. I've never used them and don't want them.

I was told in a live chat that Now TV doesn't normally give refunds; it was only when I threatened legal action that a refund was agreed - and then as a 'gesture of goodwill'.

Providing something you never requested, and then charging unless you actively cancel, is a morally dubious way of doing business, and may even be illegal. Now TV ought to be better than this.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Every offer that i have had from nowtv that is either been free, discounted or a retention offer has always come with the stipulation that after the offer or deal expires unless you cancel beforehand your passes will automatically renew each month at the full subscription prices.

Here's two screenshot examples taken today from the nowtv website showing two typical offers they have available on their site at the moment.

Would suggest has a word of caution that anybody taken any free or agreeing acceptance to any offers or free trials from any company (which includes nowtv) that you read the terms and conditions of the offer before signing up and accepting it.

offers 1 sept 2018.PNG

offers 2 Sept 2018.PNG

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Something weird happened with my account today. I have had passes in the past but I currently have no valid passes. I received an email this morning stating:

Congratulations — you've just got your hands on a hayu Pass. So get ready for an epic reality TV box-set binge, with thousands of episodes on demand — and loads of shows available the same day as the U.S.

We hope you enjoy your 14 day free trial. When your trial ends, we'll take your first payment, 14 days from the Order Date below. It's just £3.99 a month.

Order Reference: 451M114010722
Order Date: 21-Sep-2018
Today's Payment: £ 0.00

We'll be in touch soon with some top TV picks to get you started, but until then, happy watching!

I didn’t order this trial but in my account it’s there. Started on line chat and they are adamant that if I didn’t take up the free trial then someone in my family/friend has accessed my account and placed the order. Strange thing is, no one else knows I have a Now TV account. No one. 

I was adamant that my card details were removed from my account and I changed my password. I have also asked when my account was accessed and the order placed and await their reply. Anyone care to offer an explanation?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@starman73 wrote:

I was just checking when my sports pass expires and I saw a three month entertainment pass was applied on 14 March.  I checked emails and payments and no sign of it.  I have a payment PIN so it couldn't have been accidentally applied.  Checked my payments and saw the following...

Recent payments
Entertainment Month Pass
Paid on 14 Mar  £0.00

Happy to have a freebie, but I got zero notice of it.

Any ideas why this has happened? 

Hi @starman73 🙂 

I have sent you an email to discuss this further 😉 

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User  thanks I got the email, I was just puzzled when I saw the pass applied this morning.  Many Thanks