cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin1975
Mentor

The 1080p scam!!!

Charging extra for HD... This is why in a couple years this platform will be gone!!! Do Netflix or Amazon charge their customers £3 a month for the privilege of having HD content? Or only allowing two streams at once? Utter scumbags... Once DAZN or Amazon get the sports rights for the UK Sky are finished. 

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do Netflix or Amazon charge their customers £3 a month for the privilege of having HD content? Or only allowing two streams at once?

Netflix do charge £6/month for basic no HD package and £3/month extra for HD with two streams.

To get more than 2 streams (4 in fact along with UHD) you have to pay £6/month extra. (Though it is possible to get Premium at half price for first month)

Amazon don’t. And first month is free. And you get UHD.

Martin1975
Mentor

But Now.tv are already charging double Netflix’s £11.99!!! You kind of missed the point... It’s £11.99 just for movies. Your choice... Fill ya boots!!!

Martin1975
Mentor

Actually £11.99 + £8.99 + £25.99 + £3...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually £11.99 + £8.99 + £25.99 + £3...

I don’t know what the £25.99 is for, but does anyone pay the full rate for cinema, entertainment and sports on Now TV?  

I have NEVER paid full rate for Now TV using https://www.nowtv.com/offers + email offers + retention offers + pringles + PS plus offer + Gillette + Carling + BW stores + Currys.  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Martin1975 

Agree with @Anonymous User  I have been a Now TV customer since at least 2014, since joining I think I have paid full price for 3 months in total. 

What @Martin1975 you need to realize is that you won't see the likes of new episodes of Outsider, Ray Donovan, SWAT, FBI, Flash, Arrow to name a few on Netflix. 

As far as the HD boost goes, all this does is bring Now TV in line with Netflix and Amazon for offering HD content, fair enough at a price. It is Sky owned after all, who charge £5 for HD on top of  the Entertainment package, only Movies and sports is HD by default.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
starman73
Elite

@gavs82008 when it started I think I tried Sky Movies for a month, but at £15/month I just took the trial.  Ever since I have had emails galore offering me cinema, entertainment and sports at a discount or free along with the retention offers.  And all the free sports passes.

I am glad it's there as an option. Football is so much better with HD boost.  Worth the extra £3 on top of a day pass.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@starman73 

Can't say I have used a sports pass with the HD boost, but just on the cinema and entertainment passes the difference is night and day. Either way, more than happy to spend an extra £3, plus giving up 3 streams at once. 

Shame they haven't allowed for a greater device allowance for those with the boost pass. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

But Now.tv are already charging double Netflix’s £11.99!!! You kind of missed the point... It’s £11.99 just for movies. Your choice... Fill ya boots!!!

I pay £4/month for entertainment and cinema.  £2 less than lowest Netflix package.  My point is HD (nor UHD) is NOT free with Netflix. it costs extra.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charging extra for HD... This is why in a couple years this platform will be gone!!!

The £3/month charge for HD makes Now TV more appealing for me. Happy to pay it to get a decent stream for football.  In fact, cancelled sports with Virgin as apart from the lag it is just as good with Now TV.