cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible Device Limit

I've complained about this device limit before when I bought an AppleTV, only to find out I couldnt use NOWTV on it because of this device limit, last week my girlfriend accidently removed our Apple TV from the device list to watch the F1 on her laptop and now I'm in the same situation.  That was our main device so now we can't watch NOWTV in the living room.

This device limit is absolutely rediculous, we are just a family of two but in our home we have 2 TVs, a PC, 2 tablets, 2 phones, a laptop, Apple TV, PS4 and I also would like to use NOWTV at work occasionally on one of 2 computers, having to manage these devices is pain enough but making the time frame a month is just appauling, Netflix doesn't have this, the 2 stream limit seems like it would do more than enough to limit excessive use of the service.  Why punish normal users for fear that some rogues will abuse the service?

Streaming services are supposed to be about convenience, at this rate it would be more convenient for me to just wait a bit and buy the shows I want on iTunes. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have allowed you an extra change this month as an exception to our device policy to get you back up and running.

Thanks

Andy

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've been having and sorry for the delay in getting back to you we have been a little over run.

I'll take a look at your devices for you and send you an email.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmm, that is quite odd. If you haven't removed the ps4 then it should still be listed in your devices and useable, so something is not right. Do you get a message or error code when trying to watch on the ps4 and does it actually still show in your list as one of the devices?

I just tried live chat too and your right, it is not working. I can click the button as much as I like and nothing happens even though it indicates it is available and not greyed out. I then tried it again on the laptop in ms edge and it seemed to work so I wonder if its badly coded (like many areas of this site) and maybe the browser your using doesn't work with it, so might be worth giving a different browser a try if you can 😊

Anyway, fingers crossed you get it sorted 😊
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe try the live chat, they may be able to allow you to add the tablet.

If its a new account you should be able to add 4 devices at once (i actually set one up for a friend yesterday and added 2 boxes, a laptop and tablet one after each other without issue) but if its old account you'll have the one month limit.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am currently working away from home and wanted to watch a show at the same time as my wife at home but I cant get access because i'm trying to access it from my laptop. I only normally use my phone to cast to the chromecast. Didnt even realise chromecast was classed as a device on this!! anyway if youd allow me to add another device then i'll be able to watch GOT on my laptop. Anyway there's only my phone, laptop her ipad and the chromecast that we use. There are 2 ios devices on there. No idea what they are.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  how is your wife trying to watch?  Is she now casting from a phone to the chromecast having deleted the laptop if you have taken the your phone with you?  You need to check with her how she is trying to watch.   You won't be allowed an extra device, however you may be allowed another change  obviously you don't want to cause problems for your wife.  so figure out together which device to remove and then contact chat to get their help freeing up a device.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User apple = ios, so i am guessing that would be your ipad and possile your phone (if it's an iphone) or laptop (if its a mac)?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have allowed you a few additional changes for this month so you can add your device.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree there are four members of the family that all want to watch at once and the fact that we cant is infuriating if the max amount of devices you can have if 4 why not make the max amount of streams 4 ?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
I agree there are four members of the family that all want to watch at once and the fact that we cant is infuriating if the max amount of devices you can have if 4 why not make the max amount of streams 4 ?

Should this not at least be 2 streams per PASS?

As people could theoretically have 2 accounts for example with a entertainment pass on one and sky movies on the other and be able to watch 4 streams at the same time.

Why cant you make it that a single account can watch 2streams on each PASS?  

so your entitlement is the same as it would be spread accross 2 diffent accounts?

Maybe this would be an incentive to sign up for more passes for larger familys?

Suggestion by people on this forum to sign up for 2 accounts to get more than 2 streams is ridiculous when competitors offer this cheaper 

At the minute I have to admit that Netflix seems to offer alot more for less.

£10 per month now gets you Premium with 4 concurrent streams.

2 streams per Pass is my suggestion.       

:  )

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to see more streams, 4 devices seems limited, I have family of 5 people (4 over 18) , would love to be able to all watch whatever we want given have high speed fibre. However the 2 stream limit seems silly. I would be happy to pay extra for each stream but hate the fact I can't watch sport when kids and Mrs are watching things. 😞 Any chance of sky reviewing?