cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible Device Limit

I've complained about this device limit before when I bought an AppleTV, only to find out I couldnt use NOWTV on it because of this device limit, last week my girlfriend accidently removed our Apple TV from the device list to watch the F1 on her laptop and now I'm in the same situation.  That was our main device so now we can't watch NOWTV in the living room.

This device limit is absolutely rediculous, we are just a family of two but in our home we have 2 TVs, a PC, 2 tablets, 2 phones, a laptop, Apple TV, PS4 and I also would like to use NOWTV at work occasionally on one of 2 computers, having to manage these devices is pain enough but making the time frame a month is just appauling, Netflix doesn't have this, the 2 stream limit seems like it would do more than enough to limit excessive use of the service.  Why punish normal users for fear that some rogues will abuse the service?

Streaming services are supposed to be about convenience, at this rate it would be more convenient for me to just wait a bit and buy the shows I want on iTunes. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have allowed you an extra change this month as an exception to our device policy to get you back up and running.

Thanks

Andy

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have had the same problem as my dad and the rest of my family share the one account however as I go to use it I can’t because of the device limit, too many devices had been swapped this month even though half of them aren’t currently using nowtv on their device! The second I try to watch it on my laptop I am unable to for another month due to this and, quite frankly, it’s one of the most stupid rules I have ever come across from a TV company - I would greatly appreciate if I could be given an extra device swap for this month to solve my issue!
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

How many devices do you have in total that you want to use with NowTV, across your family?

Are you sure you are hitting the swaps limit, and not the two simultaneous users limit?

Depending on who is using what passes, you might want to think about setting up separate accounts for Sport, Movies, and Entertainment; at no extra cost except a bit more admin on all your parts, this can in principle give you 18 devices, 9 swaps a month and 6 simultaneous streams.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB 

Hi Rob

You know, when people set up multiple Now TV accounts they tend to run into admin difficulties and, above all, drift into having monthly subscriptions taken from their accounts, sometimes going on for a year or so without being noticed.

Plus, you are suggesting that someone runs their family as if they were a manager in charge of an office, families don't work like that.

However, you are right, @Livkear1  has to take charge of his family's Now TV account, some way, and manage it without WW3 breaking out in his household.

UK Bob

RoyB
Legend

Hi @ukbobboy 

I’m Roy B, not Rob, but you can call me Roy 🙂

Don’t you think that anything else @Anonymous User could do would be more ‘running the family like a manager’, as you put it, than what I suggested? Which was taken from the experiences of a real live poster on here, who does this, apparently very successfully.

But yes, it is more admin for Livkear, keeping track of what is being used (for which it would be very useful if NowTV gave us stats on this), and a bit more admin for the household members, who would have to remember to switch accounts as they went from Movies to Entertainment, to Sport.

And he had better set a Payment PIN on each one, to enforce the switch, against both accidental and deliberate crossings-over within each Account 🙂

But if it were me (oh look, I have a family - who knew?), my approach might be to ration the devices. Unless there were more than six people involved, I would let each person nominate one and only one device on which they took their personal consumption, and fill any remaining slots with family devices, like the main TV, explaining that sharing an Account across many people precludes the luxury of everyone having multiple devices. And anyone who doesn’t like it can jolly well get and pay for an Account of their own 🙂

Actually, six devices is luxury anyway. In the bad old days, I was very glad to get a NowTV Stick so I could easily carry my Device from place to place, instead of juggling the earlier, smaller, device limit.

As in the really bad old days, I had to carry a white Box from place to place, with all its attendant wires, power supply, etc. 😞

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB 

Hi Roy

Sorry I called you Rob, I only realised I'd done that after I had saved my post and closed the forum, by then it was too late. 

As for families, you take them as you get them.

Quarrelling Family.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have had the same problem as my dad and the rest of my family share the one account however as I go to use it I can’t because of the device limit, too many devices had been swapped this month even though half of them aren’t currently using nowtv on their device! The second I try to watch it on my laptop I am unable to for another month due to this...
How is this possible by the 4th of July?  How many people are sharing this account?
6 devices and 3 monthly swaps used up seems impossible within 4 days especially if half of them aren’t using Now TV. I can manage 2 devices on my Virgin TV Go between 5 of us, and still have two free slots on the Now TV account despite having a couple of teenagers in Europe using it.
Legend 5
Legend 5

Bit presumptuous there ukbobboy
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268

Hi 4268

Well, I am at the moment listening to "The Best of Love Unlimited Orchestra", I guess I just got carried away.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I'm just a customer like yourself so I cant see what devices you have etc. Just wonder though, if your ps4 was on your account before the move why did you remove it, or was that the attach the phone temporarily? I see you say you have four devices but only list 3 (one which you removed ps3).

Unless its changed, you can remove all your devices at once but you have to have one remaining at all times, just go to devices on this site and remove each one, one by one in the same way you removed the ps3. But you should be aware that you can only add one device per month so bare that in mind before you remove something as if you remove other devices you would need 3 months to add them all back!

Should you really want to cancel your subscription you can do this in your account too, just choose 'my passes' and then click cancel on any/all that you are subscribed to. As you have paid in advance your current subscription will continue until it expires after which it will then stop and no further payments taken. You can re active them at any time should you change your mind in just the same way.

Live chat does work but it can be a little busy sometimes and may take a good 10 mins for a rep to become available. Stick on the page and keep your eye on the live chat part, at some point it will change and you'll be able to click it to chat to someone.

In the meantime, hopefully one of the nowtv forum staff will pick up on your post who may be able to help you. I'm sure once they have checked and understood that you have moved house, they can enable you to re add the ps4 without having to wait until June 😊
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, that is really helpful. I never actively removed the PS4, all I did was add my new phone to view Now TV. I was suprised following the move that the PS4 would no longer work. I removed the PS3 to test to see if by removing a devise it would allow me to watch on the PS4 but nothing changed. I will be cancelling as this service is poor. No customer support and the navigation is bad. The interface has improved but is still no where near as good as Netflicks (which is shocking considering how long Sky have been in business). Not a good customer experience and in this day and age of digital it has still wasted 3 hours of my time to get knowhere. - Latest rant over (smiley face)