cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible Device Limit

I've complained about this device limit before when I bought an AppleTV, only to find out I couldnt use NOWTV on it because of this device limit, last week my girlfriend accidently removed our Apple TV from the device list to watch the F1 on her laptop and now I'm in the same situation.  That was our main device so now we can't watch NOWTV in the living room.

This device limit is absolutely rediculous, we are just a family of two but in our home we have 2 TVs, a PC, 2 tablets, 2 phones, a laptop, Apple TV, PS4 and I also would like to use NOWTV at work occasionally on one of 2 computers, having to manage these devices is pain enough but making the time frame a month is just appauling, Netflix doesn't have this, the 2 stream limit seems like it would do more than enough to limit excessive use of the service.  Why punish normal users for fear that some rogues will abuse the service?

Streaming services are supposed to be about convenience, at this rate it would be more convenient for me to just wait a bit and buy the shows I want on iTunes. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have allowed you an extra change this month as an exception to our device policy to get you back up and running.

Thanks

Andy

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

Device limit! Where do i start!

I have 2 phones and 2 chromecast devices added. Message pops up saying i have reached the limit! Cant wath anything even on my own device which i am paying monthly for. Please reset the limit as we are on holiday with very upset doughter who cant wath frozen or moana. If its not done immediately you will have to deal with her! I wouldnt try if i were you! 

That should be working for you now @Anonymous User Sorry about the late response. I was off when this post went through but someone should have picked it up for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please help I accidentally removed a device from my account and now can’t watch anything. I’d switched between an iPad and Apple TV without realising I had a device limit. My account refreshed on 13th sept but the device limit doesn’t seem to have...

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Please help I accidentally removed a device from my account and now can’t watch anything. I’d switched between an iPad and Apple TV without realising I had a device limit. My account refreshed on 13th sept but the device limit doesn’t seem to have...

I'll send you an email @Anonymous User We'll get it sorted no problems

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The device limit is one of many restrictions or downgrades similar to red button services to make sky t.v. look a better option. Just sky's business model to not give you anything that ticks all the boxes I'm afraid and pay for x,y and z extra

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

The device limit is one of many restrictions or downgrades similar to red button services to make sky t.v. look a better option. Just sky's business model to not give you anything that ticks all the boxes I'm afraid and pay for x,y and z extra

With sky you have a two device/two concurrent stream limit.  That's worse.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have allowed you an extra change this month as an exception to our device policy to get you back up and running.

Thanks

Andy

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @4268

Guys

Would it not be easier, and more convenient, if @Anonymous User got his girlfriend her own Now TV account, that way with four device each they could play around to their hearts content.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why would he want to pay twice?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I really need Now TV help. I have 4 devices registered to my account. I have used my PS4 as my main device but due to moving house early May started using my phone. Now I am moved in with a new internet connection I canot use my PS4 until June 1st - what is this all about?

If I can use at least 2 devices and have 4 linked why can I only use 1? Im happy to delete all my devises (I removed my PS3) and just watch the PS4 but there is no option to do this. So, in short I can watch Now TV on just one devicem my phone - untill next month. I go on holiday next week in the UK. I want to take and watch Now TV on the PS4 and dont care about my other devices.

This is a really poor, limited customer experience and what makes the matter worse is your customer service is appauling. I cant speak to anyone on the phone (I tried Sky and Now TV for an hour today and got knowhere). You claim to have webchat but this is not available (there is a box with a red circle round it but no actual option) and your email option is not available either. All I can do is post this comment and hope someone at Now TV picks it up.

How do I raise a complaint and how do I cancel my subscription?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone from Now TV prepared to reply or get in touch??? Im back today AGAIN trying to use 'Live Chat' or Email to resolve my issue and neither are available on the website. my user name is mjkenobi - please contact me, I am one click away from cancelling.