cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjkenobi
Advocate

Re: Terrible Device Limit

Hi,

I really need Now TV help. I have 4 devices registered to my account. I have used my PS4 as my main device but due to moving house early May started using my phone. Now I am moved in with a new internet connection I canot use my PS4 until June 1st - what is this all about?

If I can use at least 2 devices and have 4 linked why can I only use 1? Im happy to delete all my devises (I removed my PS3) and just watch the PS4 but there is no option to do this. So, in short I can watch Now TV on just one devicem my phone - untill next month. I go on holiday next week in the UK. I want to take and watch Now TV on the PS4 and dont care about my other devices.

This is a really poor, limited customer experience and what makes the matter worse is your customer service is appauling. I cant speak to anyone on the phone (I tried Sky and Now TV for an hour today and got knowhere). You claim to have webchat but this is not available (there is a box with a red circle round it but no actual option) and your email option is not available either. All I can do is post this comment and hope someone at Now TV picks it up.

How do I raise a complaint and how do I cancel my subscription?

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@mjkenobi

I'm just a customer like yourself so I cant see what devices you have etc. Just wonder though, if your ps4 was on your account before the move why did you remove it, or was that the attach the phone temporarily? I see you say you have four devices but only list 3 (one which you removed ps3).

Unless its changed, you can remove all your devices at once but you have to have one remaining at all times, just go to devices on this site and remove each one, one by one in the same way you removed the ps3. But you should be aware that you can only add one device per month so bare that in mind before you remove something as if you remove other devices you would need 3 months to add them all back!

Should you really want to cancel your subscription you can do this in your account too, just choose 'my passes' and then click cancel on any/all that you are subscribed to. As you have paid in advance your current subscription will continue until it expires after which it will then stop and no further payments taken. You can re active them at any time should you change your mind in just the same way.

Live chat does work but it can be a little busy sometimes and may take a good 10 mins for a rep to become available. Stick on the page and keep your eye on the live chat part, at some point it will change and you'll be able to click it to chat to someone.

In the meantime, hopefully one of the nowtv forum staff will pick up on your post who may be able to help you. I'm sure once they have checked and understood that you have moved house, they can enable you to re add the ps4 without having to wait until June 😊
0 Thanks
mjkenobi
Advocate

Anyone from Now TV prepared to reply or get in touch??? Im back today AGAIN trying to use 'Live Chat' or Email to resolve my issue and neither are available on the website. my user name is mjkenobi - please contact me, I am one click away from cancelling.

0 Thanks
mjkenobi
Advocate

Thanks, that is really helpful. I never actively removed the PS4, all I did was add my new phone to view Now TV. I was suprised following the move that the PS4 would no longer work. I removed the PS3 to test to see if by removing a devise it would allow me to watch on the PS4 but nothing changed. I will be cancelling as this service is poor. No customer support and the navigation is bad. The interface has improved but is still no where near as good as Netflicks (which is shocking considering how long Sky have been in business). Not a good customer experience and in this day and age of digital it has still wasted 3 hours of my time to get knowhere. - Latest rant over (smiley face)

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmm, that is quite odd. If you haven't removed the ps4 then it should still be listed in your devices and useable, so something is not right. Do you get a message or error code when trying to watch on the ps4 and does it actually still show in your list as one of the devices?

I just tried live chat too and your right, it is not working. I can click the button as much as I like and nothing happens even though it indicates it is available and not greyed out. I then tried it again on the laptop in ms edge and it seemed to work so I wonder if its badly coded (like many areas of this site) and maybe the browser your using doesn't work with it, so might be worth giving a different browser a try if you can 😊

Anyway, fingers crossed you get it sorted 😊
0 Thanks
powercomm
Advocate

Hi I have just signed up for the 14 day trial for the entertainment pass. It's for my now tv box and my daughter's ipad. 

At the moment I can only use the now tv box, and although I have to start paying at the end of the trial in a few days' time, my daughter cannot view on her device until June 1st! Not a good incentive for me to continue after the trial!

0 Thanks
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@powercomm the device limit has kicked in because your account is old (your forum profile dates back to 2013) so the allowance to add 4 devices at the start without restriction doesn't apply. Jump on to Live Chat and explain your situation, they might be able to sort something out for you this time.
Visit http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices
and at the bottom will be a Contact Us button, from here Live Chat should be available (hours are 8am-midnight).

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe try the live chat, they may be able to allow you to add the tablet.

If its a new account you should be able to add 4 devices at once (i actually set one up for a friend yesterday and added 2 boxes, a laptop and tablet one after each other without issue) but if its old account you'll have the one month limit.
0 Thanks
powercomm
Advocate

Got it sorted, many thanks

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mjkenobi,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've been having and sorry for the delay in getting back to you we have been a little over run.

I'll take a look at your devices for you and send you an email.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks