cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greg6
First Poster

Re: Terrible Device Limit

I agree with the device limit being unnecessary as it is hard to use it on my own multiple devices I have a smart tv, xbox, phone, tablet, now tv stick, laptop and also my girlfriend has her laptop she uses as well. its all well and good if your just using it at home but for me its a pain as I travel around a lot for work and don't always take the same devices with me to use as it all depending on the duration or location of the job. I believe Netflix has a better option by having separate account and use up to four at a time this is a fair amount and majority of families would be happy with this. if this isn't possible then there should at least be a option to add more devices maybe even at a slight one off cost that way there is at least a way to work round this problem and both supplier and customer are happy with. This being said I think it should be a fair price if it does ever become a reality just a few £ would be plenty.

0 Thanks
Livkear1
First Poster

I have had the same problem as my dad and the rest of my family share the one account however as I go to use it I can’t because of the device limit, too many devices had been swapped this month even though half of them aren’t currently using nowtv on their device! The second I try to watch it on my laptop I am unable to for another month due to this and, quite frankly, it’s one of the most stupid rules I have ever come across from a TV company - I would greatly appreciate if I could be given an extra device swap for this month to solve my issue!
0 Thanks
RoyB Mentor 2
Mentor 2

Hi @Livkear1 

How many devices do you have in total that you want to use with NowTV, across your family?

Are you sure you are hitting the swaps limit, and not the two simultaneous users limit?

Depending on who is using what passes, you might want to think about setting up separate accounts for Sport, Movies, and Entertainment; at no extra cost except a bit more admin on all your parts, this can in principle give you 18 devices, 9 swaps a month and 6 simultaneous streams.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
ukbobboy
Expert 3

@RoyB 

Hi Rob

You know, when people set up multiple Now TV accounts they tend to run into admin difficulties and, above all, drift into having monthly subscriptions taken from their accounts, sometimes going on for a year or so without being noticed.

Plus, you are suggesting that someone runs their family as if they were a manager in charge of an office, families don't work like that.

However, you are right, @Livkear1  has to take charge of his family's Now TV account, some way, and manage it without WW3 breaking out in his household.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
RoyB Mentor 2
Mentor 2

Hi @ukbobboy 

I’m Roy B, not Rob, but you can call me Roy 🙂

Don’t you think that anything else @Livkear1 could do would be more ‘running the family like a manager’, as you put it, than what I suggested? Which was taken from the experiences of a real live poster on here, who does this, apparently very successfully.

But yes, it is more admin for Livkear, keeping track of what is being used (for which it would be very useful if NowTV gave us stats on this), and a bit more admin for the household members, who would have to remember to switch accounts as they went from Movies to Entertainment, to Sport.

And he had better set a Payment PIN on each one, to enforce the switch, against both accidental and deliberate crossings-over within each Account 🙂

But if it were me (oh look, I have a family - who knew?), my approach might be to ration the devices. Unless there were more than six people involved, I would let each person nominate one and only one device on which they took their personal consumption, and fill any remaining slots with family devices, like the main TV, explaining that sharing an Account across many people precludes the luxury of everyone having multiple devices. And anyone who doesn’t like it can jolly well get and pay for an Account of their own 🙂

Actually, six devices is luxury anyway. In the bad old days, I was very glad to get a NowTV Stick so I could easily carry my Device from place to place, instead of juggling the earlier, smaller, device limit.

As in the really bad old days, I had to carry a white Box from place to place, with all its attendant wires, power supply, etc. 😞

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Expert 3

@RoyB 

Hi Roy

Sorry I called you Rob, I only realised I'd done that after I had saved my post and closed the forum, by then it was too late. 

As for families, you take them as you get them.

Quarrelling Family.jpg

UK Bob

0 Thanks
ClockEnd
Advocate 1

I have had the same problem as my dad and the rest of my family share the one account however as I go to use it I can’t because of the device limit, too many devices had been swapped this month even though half of them aren’t currently using nowtv on their device! The second I try to watch it on my laptop I am unable to for another month due to this...
How is this possible by the 4th of July?  How many people are sharing this account?
6 devices and 3 monthly swaps used up seems impossible within 4 days especially if half of them aren’t using Now TV. I can manage 2 devices on my Virgin TV Go between 5 of us, and still have two free slots on the Now TV account despite having a couple of teenagers in Europe using it.
0 Thanks