cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Terrible Device Limit

I've complained about this device limit before when I bought an AppleTV, only to find out I couldnt use NOWTV on it because of this device limit, last week my girlfriend accidently removed our Apple TV from the device list to watch the F1 on her laptop and now I'm in the same situation.  That was our main device so now we can't watch NOWTV in the living room.

This device limit is absolutely rediculous, we are just a family of two but in our home we have 2 TVs, a PC, 2 tablets, 2 phones, a laptop, Apple TV, PS4 and I also would like to use NOWTV at work occasionally on one of 2 computers, having to manage these devices is pain enough but making the time frame a month is just appauling, Netflix doesn't have this, the 2 stream limit seems like it would do more than enough to limit excessive use of the service.  Why punish normal users for fear that some rogues will abuse the service?

Streaming services are supposed to be about convenience, at this rate it would be more convenient for me to just wait a bit and buy the shows I want on iTunes. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I have allowed you an extra change this month as an exception to our device policy to get you back up and running.

Thanks

Andy

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have just signed up for the 14 day trial for the entertainment pass. It's for my now tv box and my daughter's ipad. 

At the moment I can only use the now tv box, and although I have to start paying at the end of the trial in a few days' time, my daughter cannot view on her device until June 1st! Not a good incentive for me to continue after the trial!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the device limit has kicked in because your account is old (your forum profile dates back to 2013) so the allowance to add 4 devices at the start without restriction doesn't apply. Jump on to Live Chat and explain your situation, they might be able to sort something out for you this time.
Visit http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices
and at the bottom will be a Contact Us button, from here Live Chat should be available (hours are 8am-midnight).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got it sorted, many thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So the fact that you have given this user an extra swap means that it is totally within the capabilities of the service so why, 2 years down the line, has this not been implemented as standard?

I now find myself in the same position and am unable to watch in my living room having accidentally made a swap. It’s a ridiculous restriction!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yay, Now TV have sent me yet another free Now TV stick. Can't use it becuase of device limits but I guess the gesture was there. Smiley Frustrated

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have removed 2 devices today. I wanted to add 1 but now have to wait a month. That’s rather unfair.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I first commented on the device limit about a year ago, and still its a major annoyance for customers.

In the days of tablets, smartphones, tv's in bedrooms, commuter laptops, and a billion other ways to watch, restricting the number of devices and limiting swaps to one per month is quite frankly a joke.

Multiple accounts/devices really isnt a workable solution.  Trying to remember what device has access to what pass is daft.  Oh, I cant watch a movie on this TV, just sport, but I can watch a film on this TV, but if I want to watch a TV series afterward Im going to have to move rooms, or fetch a different roku box.  What an absolute shambles of a system.

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

It is a strange policy. I'm not aware of any other online stream service limiting devices, streaming yes. Netflix, Amazon an TV Player don't!

Be warned, everytime Youview update their set top boxes you can no longer watch Now TV on them as the update for some reason make Now TV no longer recognise them and you have to add them back to your account even though they are still listed on there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My vote for unlimited device limit. Very difficult 4 device limit with kids

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could you do this for me please