Child 2’s Tablet = 1 Device
Husband’s Phone = 1 Device
Wife’s Phone = 1 Device
Child 1’s Phone = 1 Device
Husband’s Computer = 1 Device
Wife’s Computer = 1 Device
Family Computer = 1 Device

Chromecast = 2 devices

Dare I say it, but why not have up to five accounts?  One for movies, one for entertainment , one for kids, one for hayu and  one for sports.  That would give you up to 20 devices.  More importantly it would allow up to 10 concurrent streams.

I found that having sports on the same account as movies & entertainment was impractical, so I got a separate account so I (and my dad) can watch sports whilst rest of family still can have two streams.  Haven't split movies and entertainment yet, but may do now my son is off to university.

0 Thanks
arrgee1991
Scholar 2

Re: Terrible Device Limit

@SkySufferer wrote:

The device limit is one of many restrictions or downgrades similar to red button services to make sky t.v. look a better option. Just sky's business model to not give you anything that ticks all the boxes I'm afraid and pay for x,y and z extra

With sky you have a two device/two concurrent stream limit.  That's worse.

0 Thanks
arrgee1991
Scholar 2

I got the mobile sports pass the other day and noted it has taken two device slots for my two phones. Thing is that now means I can only have two other devices for any other passes. To get around this I will use another account, but why aren't the mobile devices considered separately?

0 Thanks
mrphil
Scholar

So it’s 2019 and we still have these arcane device limits. Come on Now TV, at least give us unlimited devices but limited to two concurrent streams. It would make the service so much more useful.

i have a stack of Now TV boxes that you keep giving me for free that I can’t use because of 4 device limit. It’s bonkers!!!

Luke1987xx
Advocate

So the fact that you have given this user an extra swap means that it is totally within the capabilities of the service so why, 2 years down the line, has this not been implemented as standard?

I now find myself in the same position and am unable to watch in my living room having accidentally made a swap. It’s a ridiculous restriction!

Highlighted
mrphil
Scholar

Yay, Now TV have sent me yet another free Now TV stick. Can't use it becuase of device limits but I guess the gesture was there. Smiley Frustrated

0 Thanks
Chromefy

I have removed 2 devices today. I wanted to add 1 but now have to wait a month. That’s rather unfair.

0 Thanks
Redball
Scholar

I first commented on the device limit about a year ago, and still its a major annoyance for customers.

In the days of tablets, smartphones, tv's in bedrooms, commuter laptops, and a billion other ways to watch, restricting the number of devices and limiting swaps to one per month is quite frankly a joke.

Multiple accounts/devices really isnt a workable solution.  Trying to remember what device has access to what pass is daft.  Oh, I cant watch a movie on this TV, just sport, but I can watch a film on this TV, but if I want to watch a TV series afterward Im going to have to move rooms, or fetch a different roku box.  What an absolute shambles of a system.

PaulNormanUK
Scholar

It is a strange policy. I'm not aware of any other online stream service limiting devices, streaming yes. Netflix, Amazon an TV Player don't!

Be warned, everytime Youview update their set top boxes you can no longer watch Now TV on them as the update for some reason make Now TV no longer recognise them and you have to add them back to your account even though they are still listed on there.

0 Thanks
jamie2565
Advocate

My vote for unlimited device limit. Very difficult 4 device limit with kids

0 Thanks