cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Taken x 2 lots of money from bank account

One account was cancelled in march/April 2021 by phone with a charge of around £6 for the phone call.

With a new account  set up on 27/3/22 .              

We have now noticed that the first account  is still active and is  taken out money each month when should have been canceled. We would like you to take a look at this and reimburse us for all the month's money has been taken out. My parents are stressing over this now and it is affecting there mental health and with everything going up this could have helped with other bills. 

We haven't noticed before now as it comes out of my present bank account and as they are elderly they didn't notice till I asked them why is there X 5 lots of now TV coming out, they had no idea. So can you please rectify this as soon as possible many thanks.

elderly 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You’re not talking to staff on this forum. In fact any account issues or money payments will not get resolved on here.

You have to call the broadband team using the number from the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Donna

What @gavs82008 says is quite true, and you need to discuss this with Now on Live Chat.

However, an account not cancelled in April 2021, despite your efforts, would have resulted in 19 payments coming out since, not 5.

Even one created in March 2022, if it accidentally reactivated the old account, would be 8 or 9 payments in arrears, not just 5,

Also, there’s no phone number you can call Now on for streaming services - you have to cancel, and even just talk to them, online. So whoever you had a £6 telephone conversation with, it seems unlikely to me to have been Now.

Also, an account with 5 unexpected payments would have been actioned no earlier than July 2022.

Now may be able to explain what has happened; but if you look at the dates of those payments on your bank account, you can see if they bear out what I am saying or not.

The likelihood is that someone has reactivated a membership on an account that was dormant only, not deleted; possibly a family member, possibly someone who had an old Now box that you once had and scrapped without resetting it, or a TV similar, or some other device on which Now persists, or even an existing device you or your parents still have with an ‘open’ Now account on it.

You can find such a device, if this has happened, by looking at your account details under My Account, above, to see what Membership(s] are in force, what devices have just been used in the last few months, and what the recent payment schedule has been.

You should arm yourself with this information, if possible preferably before talking to Now on Live Chat, about what has been going on recently,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.