cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfplusgr
Advocate

Switching from Vodafone to NOWTV

Hi All,

I have jumped ship from Vodafone to NOWTV.

I don't have cable, so I understand that NOWTV should inform Vodafone I am switching, so I don't have to do it myself.

Can somebody please confirm if that is the case?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@dfplusgr 

We are all just customers here, so for a definitive answer, you should ask Now Broadband this.

I believe what you say is the case, as both suppliers use BT Overreach, but if I were you, I wouldn’t rely on that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

This is what the website says:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-switch-to-now-broadband

When you ordered were you given and chose to accept the option to keep your existing landline number?

Jayach
Elite 3

As long as Now are aware you are switching from Vodafone, then yes that is how it should work.

You should get messages from Vodafone saying "Sorry you are leaving us", with an option to cancel the move in case it wasn't intended.

It's all covered under Ofcom rules for FTTC to FTTC moves.

Switching broadband provider - Ofcom

chilli2
Elite

As above, the only contact you should have with your old ISP/service provider is when you try and haggle a better price, and you only say you are thinking of leaving vodafone as signing up with Now will save you £X over 12 months compared to your current vodafone offer/deal, the key thing is that you do not tell the losing provider you want to cancel as this can cause all sorts of issues

I moved form plusnet and signed up to Now broadband via a cashback site ( topcashback) which at the time advertised £100 cashback ( this figure will vary) - while it took a while to come through ( something like 7 months) it was a nice little bonus

dfplusgr
Advocate

Hi All - thanks for the answers. Much appreciated!