cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Suspicious Bank Account Activity

In addition to my normal Nov payment to NowTV, I am also being charged on 21st Nov the sum of 10p to the recipient NOWTV.COM BILLINGHELP SKYGB? I don't recognise this recipient as being one I have authorised.

This seems very suspicious but before I alert my bank's fraud department has anyone else had this? Btw, this happened shortly after receiving an email telling me the prices were going up and would happen in Jan, and also that the payment provider was changing, so it could be them doing a test, in which case it would have been nice if NowTV had made that clear in the same email. I tried to reply to that email but it was blocked by NowTV...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Not to worry @Anonymous User this is just NowTV performing a routine security check to see that your card is valid. The 10p isn’t actually taken but just reserved (it should show under pending payments) and is released/returned in a few days. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Not to worry @Anonymous User this is just NowTV performing a routine security check to see that your card is valid. The 10p isn’t actually taken but just reserved (it should show under pending payments) and is released/returned in a few days. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Cheers Mark for confirming. Thought it might be but wanted to check as my
husband had this a few years back from an unknown recipient and it turned
out to be fraudulent. Can't be too careful. Avril