Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subscription keeps auto-renewing

Hello. 

No matter how

many times I cancel my entertainment pass it just keeps renewing.   Is there a way to remove all my credit card details from Sky/NowTV as I don't want you to auto-bill. 

I just checked today and it was renewed for two extra months and I didn't get any benefit as I did not think I have subscribed.  I'm sure some NowTV person will be along to tell me that I should simply cancel the pass and that will be it, but that's not true.   I have had this ongoing issue with Entertainment and Sport on and off for years., your auto-renewal ignores my cancelled pass.  

Anyone slightly cynical would think this is intentional behavior from NowTV; 

1. auto renew

2. Make it virtually impossible to speak to a real person. 

I would like a refund on the last two months please NowTV, can you arrange that?  

Can you also just remove all my credit card details.  I will buy a pass as and when I want one - sort of like you advertise "no contract"... 

Thanks  

David 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would say "good luck".

I think that this is only a community (of users of their service) and not genuine customer support. I have been trying to cancel a sky sports mobile pass, to avoid being billed, but I found it nearly impossible, until I found out that I had accidently made a third account, and the only way in was with email (not username) and password. I was then able to cancel the pass. I am shocked that a modern company can get away with no telephone or email customer support. I tried web chat, but for some reason, I get an error message. I am really really frustrated and angry with the company, but there is nothing I can so about it.

I got thru to them on the phone via Sky customer service, but then they couldnt find me on their computer. I had to give my postcode over 10 times. Then 55 minutes into the call the line dropped. I suspect customer services had had enough and put the phone down. Anyway if you are a Sky customer try to get to NowTV through them.

Finally, good luck, you'll need it!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

You can certainly email (or webmail at least) even though you can’t phone.

Complaint webform for TV issues:-

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

Complaints get NowTV’s attention.

@Anonymous User , I think you were just recently able to Cancel OK, once you found the correct account? Perhaps you can give @Anonymous User some tips?

But the first thing to do here is to set a Payment PIN under My Account/Settings & PINs, to rule out other people misusing your account.

And then to check under My Account/Passes & Vouchers that you do have Passes on the go, as like @Anonymous User you may have more than one Account running.

If you see live Passes, Cancel them, and check back to be sure that they do now show as Cancelled.

Then think if maybe you still might have another Account open with live Passes on it and deal with that, as above, if you can remember the details.

NowTV use Live Chat to keep costs down for the benefit of all its customers. Maybe they could offer a phone service on a paid basis for people who don’t want to use the existing methods, but I expect there would be complaints about that too.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @RoyB @Anonymous User  for your answers. 

I have added a payment PIN in the hope it will stop Sky/NowTV from taking unauthorised payments, however I'm not hopeful. 

"If you see live Passes, Cancel them,"  With regards to this I can say with 100% certainty that every pass I have ever applied. I cancel it straight away.  It makes no difference though, they still keep taking the money and getting them to admit and repay is a gargantuan effort. 

They did this with Sky sports subscription and kept charging me for four months before I noticed.  Almost 2hrs of arguing and they agreed to refund two months and give me two months of vouchers.    So basically nothing. 

Isn't there a word for someone or something who takes money off you without your permission... 

"NowTV use Live Chat " - I don't see this option when I am logged in. 

Cheers 

RoyB
Legend

The Payment PIN won’t stop NowTV taking your money. It is designed to stop anybody else from running up charges on your account without your knowledge or authorisation, which is one of the ways that cancelled passes get reactivated again.

It may not apply in your case, but it is a loophole that needs to be plugged by anyone trying to prove that NowTV are blithely reinstating Passes you have cancelled, by ensuring that no-one else, except them and you, could be doing it.

You have to hunt for the route to Live Chat, going through the Help :-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

Re: Isn't there a word for someone or something who takes money off you without your permission... 

Yes there is, but you gave NowTV permission to take money under certain circumstances. Why were you arguing for two hours - NowTV will generally refund without quibble when they can see the Passes hadn’t been used.

Did they dispute this, or just argue that you shouldn’t have let it go on so long?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes there is, but you gave NowTV permission to take money under certain circumstances. Why were you arguing for two hours - NowTV will generally refund without quibble when they can see the Passes hadn’t been used.

As I recall there was no dispute over me not using Sky Sports, they just said it was my job to notice this and cancel, we went around in circles for ages.  I could not prove (as I didn't take a screenshot) that I had cancelled so they argued.  In the end I said I'm not going off this call until you sort this out. Got passed around the call centre and someone just half conceded in the end.  

Online chat seems much easier.  I got them to remove my card details tonight in about 10 mins.  They offered mean new deal which I said I might think about, if I could pay in cash. Not sure "Agnes" appreciated that.