cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So now I have to pay to not have ads

So although I pay a premium for movies and TV content I will still have to pay more so I don't get ads.... Really... You robbing bunch of a holes.

Discovery channels disappeared... WTF,

Time once again to cancel all services.

Nice one now tv... 

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Discovery own their channels, all they are doing is the same as Disney and moving all content to their own streaming service. 

So you want to keep watching Discovery content you’ll have to sign up to Discovery+. 

As for adverts, this is nothing new or unheard of. In the US all their streaming services HBO Max, Hulu, Peacock and Paramount+ have adverts unless you pay extra to get rid of them. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tbh I don't care what other countries do, I see it as just another way to rip off the British public who generally don't like to complain, I for one pay for a premium service and don't expect to pay more for ad removal, when I signed up some 5 years ago you could watch on 3 screens with no ads, the prices for my services have risen above and beyond inflation so as far as I'm concerned now tv can shove it, I'm sure many many customers will feel the same and follow suit. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You might not care what other countries do, but what you absolutely must bare in mind is that a US company in Comcast owns Sky and they will

want to transfer their business model into the UK. 

When we signed up 7 years ago we didn’t have 1080p or 5.1 either.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
starman73
Elite

No. You could just not pay at all and get no ads.  Also Disney +, Prime, Netflix and BritBox don't have ads. Plenty to watch on them.  

As I only pay £1/month for entertainment I can live with ads, and even paying £34 + boost doesn't save you from ads on Sky Sports.