cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I cancelled my 14 day free trial but it didn't cancel . . .

I was persuaded to try out NowTV via the 14 day free trial. I decided it's not for me so I cancelled my subscription, or so I thought. I opted to cancel then it gave me some spiel trying to keep me as a member but I clicked cancel again. Didn't think anything of it until I realised I was being charged. Logged back on again and saw my subscription was still active, I went through the process again and double checked and it is still active. Then I went through it a third time and realise after the second time I've said I am cancelling there's yet another button, which is off the screen, that wants me to confirm my cancellation a third time. 

Deliberately making it easy to miss that a third confirmation of my cancellation is required is unacceptable behaviour. It sinks and I'm considering informing trading standards about this as, at best, it's poor practice, it worst it's outright deceitful.

Whatever the reason I have learnt firsthand all I have been told about Sky. I will avoid this company no matter what in future. 

2 REPLIES 2
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  agreed it can be a pain cancelling.  Can understand they double check incase you clicked it by accident.  

In order to resolve your own issue I would recommend you go onto chat.  They should be able to help you cancel and process refunds (assuming no one in your household has used the service since you cancelled).  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply. Double checking is fine, triple checking in a way
that isn't obvious isn't fine. I went on chat yesterday and got it
resolved. Good advice. Thanks.