cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports pass suspension

I purchased  a season ticket pass for sky sports last year and sky have said that they will pause the subscription due to the coronavirus outbreak. Are now TV going to honour what sky have said.

Can you please respond asap.

Many thanks.

106 REPLIES 106
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, just log into your account and hit the "Restart Pass" button. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  Yes, for £33.99 a month (from 9th June)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Mine shows as being charged £33.99 from 24 June (when it was due to expire), so I'm just assuming that I won't get charged come 24 June and it will just move on to 24 July...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  Ah see I cancelled mine yesterday so that it didn't charge in June. That's why I'm curious as to the interpretation of 'cancelled' in the email, does it mean has been cancelled and is not active, or is active and simply due to be cancelled

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had also cancelled but it's easy to "restart" your pass by logging onto your account. All it does is make the pass active again and reconfirm that it will end in June - and £33 a month thereafter. If you're worried about them not extending your pass, you might want to do this, at least until they contact you with details of the extension.

I got a slightly different email (see below) which talks about a 1 mth voucher code and more if needed. But I still decided to restart the pass to be on the safe side. 

Now TV appear to have got the message and now attempting to do the right thing for season pass holders. 

----------------------------------------

We want to make sure we’re doing the right thing for our customers. We’re aware that your NOW TV Football Season Ticket will be ending soon and there are currently no official dates or plans in place for the remainder of the 2019-20 Premier League & EFL season.

The situation is constantly changing, but the Premier League & EFL are currently looking at ensuring the 2019-20 season is completed as soon as it’s safe to do so. So to make sure you don’t miss a moment of the action if the season recommences later, we’ll be extending your NOW TV Football Season Ticket - free of charge - for another month, and will continue to extend it until we know more about how the season will end.

We’ll be in touch soon with a unique voucher code for you to get an initial extra month of Sky Sports for free, before your Football Season Ticket expires. We’ll also let you know of any further extensions to your Sky Sports Pass if they’re necessary.

Thanks for your patience in these uncertain times.

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User That's interesting that your email mentions a voucher code, had you cancelled it a while back? I only cancelled mine last night so I wonder if there was a delay in the system working out who hadn't cancelled and who has (and thus needs a voucher code). If so then when the email etc was generated I wouldn't have been eligible for a code but became eligible in the time between the system running the program and the email being sent out 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I cancelled a couple fo weeks back. Think you've worked it out, probably just different solution for those with active / closed passes.

I'm still going to leave my pass as active just in case they've changed the process. Not convinced football will restart in June, so a rolling extension might be better than a voucher that you have to activate.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  That's very frustrating for me, especially since there's no contact methods available at the moment to explain this. Oh well I'll just miss the end of the season on Sky if need be (still got BT Sport anyway) and will just re-subscribe when the 20/21 season eventually begins

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

They're just seeing what they can get away with. Remember, they see NowTV customers as disposable, whereas contracted Sky customers are seen as customers to be preserved and not upset.

They clearly don't care about Now TV customers as you are witnessing first hand. Any money they make from NowTV is simply lunch money, the main business is Sky directly.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

Given we customers see NowTV as disposable, it makes sense that we are treated differently.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck with an extension to their passes? 

I have just gone to mine and it is asking for me to pay for further subscriptions.