cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports pass suspension

I purchased  a season ticket pass for sky sports last year and sky have said that they will pause the subscription due to the coronavirus outbreak. Are now TV going to honour what sky have said.

Can you please respond asap.

Many thanks.

106 REPLIES 106
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Alan sorry I don’t know the answer to your question still not been able to contact NOWTV to get any information from them.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finally received an 'answer' from NowTV... except it doesn't answer my question:

We apologise that it’s taken longer than usual to get back to you. Our contact centres are currently closed due to the on-going global situation with COVID-19 (Coronavirus). If you need to cancel your pass, you can do this at any time by heading to https://account.nowtv.com/passes - just sign in, choose “Cancel Pass” and follow the instructions on screen. Once a pass has been cancelled, you’ll receive a confirmation email. You can start your pass again any time by heading to https://account.nowtv.com/passes Thanks for choosing NOW TV.

The NOW TV Team

Then they have the further audacity to close my complaint - with a link to the Live Chat service that is currently closed!:

We’re just confirming that your recent complaint has now been closed. We hope you’re satisfied with the outcome.

If you want to contact us about this topic, simply reply to this email without changing the subject line.

Or you can get in touch by Live Chat. Just pick a topic on our Get in Touch page and select Chat Online, then copy the reference number above into the chat window so we can help you more quickly.

Start a Live Chat

If we don't hear from you, we'll assume everything is resolved and take no further action.

As you’ll see from our Complaints Code of Practice, NOW TV is a member of CISAS (the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme), a free, independent alternative dispute resolution scheme run by the CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution):

CISAS
Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution
70 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1EU
Tel: 020 7520 3827
Email: [email removed]

I think I will be following the CISAS route next...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been trying to get into contact with them over different media platforms

They are actively ignoring any customer that asks. 

Very poor customer service. 

I've now made a complaint using the form on here just to actually hear from them

They should pause it like sky and continue once it's started up again. 

I can't believe they haven't made any announcements regarding it yet. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They're just seeing what they can get away with. Remember, they see NowTV customers as disposable, whereas contracted Sky customers are seen as customers to be preserved and not upset.

They clearly don't care about Now TV customers as you are witnessing first hand. Any money they make from NowTV is simply lunch money, the main business is Sky directly.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well Bad News Mike

I'm not gonna say whether you are right or wrong but whenever dealing with any online company a certain amount of caution is necessary to provide yourself some protection.

In other words, don't jump in with both feet, start small and proceed with bigger orders once you've seen and experienced how the company operates.

Another thing, most people tend to treat online shopping like buying from a high street store, while this is a laudable goal it can be an expensive mistake.

One other thing, while we're all living through these stressful times, try to avoid cabin fever impulse purchases.

UK Bob (aka Cabin Fever Bob)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just received an email saying they are going to extend my premiership pass for another month (and another month till season is finished.)

I assume this only applies to the ‘premiership’ pass holders at the moment. 

Slow to respond but got there in the end. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just received the same email.  As you say, at least they have finally done something, but really should have communicated a decision much sooner:

We’re extending your Football Season Ticket

Hi,

We want to make sure we’re doing the right thing for our customers. We’re aware that your NOW TV Football Season Ticket will be ending soon and there are currently no official dates or plans in place for the remainder of the 2019-20 Premier League & EFL season.

The situation is constantly changing, but the Premier League & EFL are currently looking at ensuring the 2019-20 season is completed as soon as it’s safe to do so. So to make sure you don’t miss a moment of the action if the season recommences later, we’ll be extending your NOW TV Football Season Ticket - free of charge - for another month, and will continue to extend it until we know more about how the season will end.

You don’t need to do anything. Just make sure your Pass is active, not cancelled, and we’ll extend it at no extra cost to you before it expires. We’ll be back in touch once this is done and we’ll also let you know of any further extensions to your Sky Sports Pass if they’re necessary.

Thanks for your patience in these uncertain times.

The NOW TV Team

Stoney35
Scholar

Just received the same email about extending my season pass... just wanted to ask.. how would you read the bit about making sure your pass is active and not cancelled? As im sure many people would have cancelled their pass early so they avoid charges if they forget. Pass would still run until june even if cancelled.

If that makes sense 😂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't tell you how annoying this is. I literally cancelled my pass yesterday as it runs out on 8th June and (seeing as there is no sport etc) I wanted to make sure I didn't pay for anything that wasn't on. I wonder how will work, if it means it will not actually end on 8th June for me but extend to 8th July

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Stoney35 @Anonymous User 

Is there an option to re-activate it?