cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Sky sports pass suspension

Does anyone have a copy of the T&Cs for the football season pass? I'm interested to know if it says anything about supplying a minimum number of games over the season?

Unfortunately I can't find anything in my email related to my season pass purchase so probably accidentally deleted the purchase confirmation email at the time. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

watch out if you have a 10 months pass that ends in june, when it ends they will charge you £33 a month automatically.

Highlighted
Advocate

Come on Now TV - how hard can it be to make a decision on this? Most other companies including Sky and BT have come up with a temporary solution to this.

This is not generating any goodwill with your customers.

I have a season pass until 31 May and expect it to be extended so I can watch what I signed up to watch when professional sport finally returns.

Highlighted
Mentor

Like I said earlier Sky will be looking for there money back from all the events being cancelled, so it’s not exactly a big ask for us to get out money back or at least be offered an extension of the current pass covering the period since the disruption started. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Strange how they have gone so quiet on this question, its always a good sign that they are not a company to be trusted, they are going to lose a lot in the long run.

0 Thanks
Highlighted

I've tried emailing Now TV twice, but I am still waiting for a reply to either message.

I had a look at the Terms and Conditions (link at the bottom of the page) for guidance on what should happen if Now TV is unable to show live sports.

The following would appear to be the relevant section.

WHAT HAPPENS IF NOW TV CHANGES THE SERVICE?

From time to time we might make changes to any month pass service. We'll try not to make changes without notifying you in advance, and we won't make changes that materially disadvantage you during a usage month which you've already paid for (unless it's for reasons beyond our control).

We'll give you notice of changes which are likely to affect you during future usage months – we'll aim to notify you at least 30 days before the start of the affected usage month, so you'll have enough time to stop your month pass subscription before the change takes place.

If you don't stop your month pass subscription after we've notified you and before the change takes place, and you continue to use the service, we'll take that as your acceptance of the amended service.

A couple of things from the above. They state they won't make changes that will disadvantage users, but with the specified exception of it being reasons beyond their control. I think that it is reasonable to accept that the current suspension of most live sports is beyond their control.

However, the next paragraph requires them to notify users of changes that are likely to affect them. They have completely failed to meet their own Terms and Conditions in that regard and should be accountable for failing to do so. 

I suspect that the OFCOM route is the next logical step while Now TV continues to fail to communicate with their customers.

Highlighted
Advocate

Now TV the longer you ignore us 120 pound subscribers the more you will regret your hiding behind the sofa. Basically if you don’t play fair then in June I will suspend all Now tv packs until I have saved twice the 120 sports deal. During this time I will trial the competition... they ain’t got to be that good to see your sorry ###### gone. Please man up and tell us how much you value us. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Given that Now TV marketed on the basis of the "best live sport", it's going to be impossible for them to argue that customers haven't suffered material detriment as a result of the current situation.

Either way their lack of response to customer concerns is appalling, how many other companies have failed to take a proactive position on customer accounts.

I've gone down the complaint route, I can't see it being dealt with though!

Highlighted
Expert 3

how many other companies have failed to take a proactive position on customer accounts.

Virgin Media.  Most of their packages have sports (BT & Sky) included and there is no proactive  indication of any discount because of lack of sports.  And unlike Now TV, I cannot cancel as the broadband and phone are tied into the contract.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Also given up on them. Logged a formal complain using their process a few days ago but had no response, not even an email acknowledging the complaint. I'm sure they have someone monitoring their complaint account, even in the current conditions, so that more than a little shabby.

I'm now off to log this with Ofcom. 

Now TVs behaviour is disgraceful, especially given they're part of the Sky group who responded reasonably to this crisis. You can only conclude that Now TV are taking a different approach simply because we've all paid up front and they have our money. Shocking, cynical approach to customers.

0 Thanks