cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Sky sports pass suspension

I just had a live chat. As it stands there's no policy about this yet. I think for those with season tickets, it may be the case (I'm speculating) that when fixtures are up again and they run over the expiry of the pass then complaints will lead to extensions.

Currently watching on catch-up: Modern Family S11, The Flash S6, Arrow S8, Supergirl S5
Waiting for boxsets: Runaways S3 .
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 3

Same here. I'm on a special monthly deal for sports, don't want to cancel and possibly lose deal.

Expecting Now TV to step up when it's most needed, freeze subscriptions and honour deals. 

Noticed you've just taken another monthly payment, thank you! So, not sure what I'm still paying you for?

Come on Now TV sort it out, there are more pressing things to worry about right now.

So if I read this correctly, you are continuing to subscribe when you had an opportunity to cancel because you are on a special deal that you might lose?  How special is the deal? If it is no more special than £20/month, those deals are always there.

The last sentence is a real oxymoron.  Maybe Now TV have more pressing issues such as paying their employees...

Highlighted
Advocate

I would advise not to cancel your Sports pass! if you cancel they might not refund you anything when things are back to normal.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 3

I would advise not to cancel your Sports pass! if you cancel they might not refund you anything when things are back to normal.

So just keep paying month after month to get a refund?  My monthly pass rolled over on 15th March, so I cancelled then.  Ok, maybe for those with 3,9,10 month passes that advice may hold, but for the majority, cancel ASAP, and accept you lost a few days. Better than being £34 down every month.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I was offered the "1 month pass"  and knocked it back.

Now TV know they are failing their Sports Pass customers are are trying to buy us off with a lower grade alternative. The 2 biggest events for me (end of the EPL season and the US Masters) are unlikely to be held in the same month, so 2 or maybe 3 monthly passes should be offered to replace the 3 months of lost live sport. 

This is not of Now TV's making but they are failing subscribers who paid money upfront in good faith. 

Highlighted
Scholar

I agree, I am on an offer where I get Sky Sports for a reduced monthly rate until December (Which would cover a good amount of football, and more importantly the F1 season). I got onto live chat some time ago, to inquire if I could cancel/suspend it until it is back on and then reinstate it and continue paying. I was basically told if I cancelled it, and wanted to restart it when things are back on it would revert to the proper price. This is a joke, although I am paying a reduced rate, I am actually getting nothing for the money (no interest in repeats). People with Sky tv are able to suspend, so why not Now Tv?. About time they sorted this out.

Highlighted
Advocate

@kevin6270 did you ever get an answer as I’m facing similar troubles with this 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

No answer yet. Been 6 days since I rejected their inadequate 1 month offer and asking them to escalate this to their senior management team. Going to give them another couple of days before raising it as a formal complaint. If they don't respond with a more reasonable offer and cannot adequately explain their position, then I'll take it to their regulator, Ofcom. I might also raise it with Sky senior management as well, as Now TVs response is at odds with the fair way Sky (their owners) have dealt with this situation. 

These are tough times for so many people and we'll all remember those companies who do their bit to support their customers. And those that don't.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I've just cancelled my subscription as currently paying to watch rugby and football which isn't on due to the current situation. Like others I would have expected NOWTV to have suspended subscription for March and onwards until matches start again.

Other firms have suspended subs automatically but I've now ended up paying subs for March and April for nothing.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I purchased a 10 month sports pass in August and it will end in May. Iam not looking for a refund but with no live sport on at the moment I would like to know if I can defer the remainder of my pass to when live sports return.

I feel the process of trying to find out if this is possible from Nowtv has been difficult to say the least and I believe that Nowtv should have released something to that effect by now