cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports pass suspension

I purchased  a season ticket pass for sky sports last year and sky have said that they will pause the subscription due to the coronavirus outbreak. Are now TV going to honour what sky have said.

Can you please respond asap.

Many thanks.

106 REPLIES 106
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I purchased  a season ticket pass for sky sports last year and sky have said that they will pause the subscription due to the coronavirus outbreak. Are now TV going to honour what sky have said.

Can you please respond asap.

Many thanks.

I'm in the same position. Some sort of announcement would be really helpful.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So what is the solution?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There have been a lot of messages on this, paid for sport and no sport. It says solved but I don't see it? Can we suspend our sports passes?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

There have been a lot of messages on this, paid for sport and no sport. It says solved but I don't see it? Can we suspend our sports passes?

Thanks

I think the OP marked an earlier reply as the solution but it was not a solution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. I'm on a special monthly deal for sports, don't want to cancel and possibly lose deal.

Expecting Now TV to step up when it's most needed, freeze subscriptions and honour deals. 

Noticed you've just taken another monthly payment, thank you! So, not sure what I'm still paying you for?

Come on Now TV sort it out, there are more pressing things to worry about right now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just had a live chat. As it stands there's no policy about this yet. I think for those with season tickets, it may be the case (I'm speculating) that when fixtures are up again and they run over the expiry of the pass then complaints will lead to extensions.

starman73
Elite

Same here. I'm on a special monthly deal for sports, don't want to cancel and possibly lose deal.

Expecting Now TV to step up when it's most needed, freeze subscriptions and honour deals. 

Noticed you've just taken another monthly payment, thank you! So, not sure what I'm still paying you for?

Come on Now TV sort it out, there are more pressing things to worry about right now.

So if I read this correctly, you are continuing to subscribe when you had an opportunity to cancel because you are on a special deal that you might lose?  How special is the deal? If it is no more special than £20/month, those deals are always there.

The last sentence is a real oxymoron.  Maybe Now TV have more pressing issues such as paying their employees...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just cancelled my subscription as currently paying to watch rugby and football which isn't on due to the current situation. Like others I would have expected NOWTV to have suspended subscription for March and onwards until matches start again.

Other firms have suspended subs automatically but I've now ended up paying subs for March and April for nothing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried emailing Now TV twice, but I am still waiting for a reply to either message.

I had a look at the Terms and Conditions (link at the bottom of the page) for guidance on what should happen if Now TV is unable to show live sports.

The following would appear to be the relevant section.

WHAT HAPPENS IF NOW TV CHANGES THE SERVICE?

From time to time we might make changes to any month pass service. We'll try not to make changes without notifying you in advance, and we won't make changes that materially disadvantage you during a usage month which you've already paid for (unless it's for reasons beyond our control).

We'll give you notice of changes which are likely to affect you during future usage months – we'll aim to notify you at least 30 days before the start of the affected usage month, so you'll have enough time to stop your month pass subscription before the change takes place.

If you don't stop your month pass subscription after we've notified you and before the change takes place, and you continue to use the service, we'll take that as your acceptance of the amended service.

A couple of things from the above. They state they won't make changes that will disadvantage users, but with the specified exception of it being reasons beyond their control. I think that it is reasonable to accept that the current suspension of most live sports is beyond their control.

However, the next paragraph requires them to notify users of changes that are likely to affect them. They have completely failed to meet their own Terms and Conditions in that regard and should be accountable for failing to do so. 

I suspect that the OFCOM route is the next logical step while Now TV continues to fail to communicate with their customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Given that Now TV marketed on the basis of the "best live sport", it's going to be impossible for them to argue that customers haven't suffered material detriment as a result of the current situation.

Either way their lack of response to customer concerns is appalling, how many other companies have failed to take a proactive position on customer accounts.

I've gone down the complaint route, I can't see it being dealt with though!