cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports 1 Month Pass Cancellation

I currently have a Sky Sports 1 Month Pass which I purchased from Currys PC World. I applied it to my account on 19/10/2019. I just wanted to know if there was a particular time when to cancel it in order to avoid being charged full price on the 19/11/2019. I know it says cancel at anytime but I am concerned with the amount of people saying they have been charged even after cancellation. There are no details stating it has to be 14 days before the end date or anything like that specifically but I am hoping to get clarification of this before the pass runs out as I do not want to pay for another month on the 19/11. 

Any help much appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You can cancel the one month sports pass anytime during the month when the pass is active and still get the full one month duration of the pass.

What i wouldn't suggest is cancelling the pass with less than two days remaining on it just in case NowTV are encountering any technical difficulties their end which prevents you from cancelling the pass or leaving it in the last 24 hours when NowTV will suspend the cancel button option at some time when they are in the process of taking money from your bank card.

I tend to cancel my passes within the last 5 to 7 days of the next due scheduled payment date on my account.

When you cancel a pass make sure you follow the step by step instructions when going to the NowTV website under the My Account > Passes & Vouchers section, where there is approx four steps (some people wrongly assume it's a one click cancel process).

Once you have gone through the four steps on screen a green thumbs up message should say you have successfully cancelled a pass, then go back to the Passes & Vouchers section to double check that there is a cancelled message in red text next to your one month sports pass.

Also a good idea whilst logged in on here is to go to My Account > Settings & Pin's and add a Payment Pin to your account which will avoid you or other family members from accidentally buying further passes without adding the four digit pin code.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to mention normally after cancelling a pass on your account you are also sent an email from NowTV confirming that a pass has been cancelled.

Because i am a belts and braces type of person and don't trust any corporate company i personally also take a screen shot of any vouchers that i add onto my account or passes that i cancel for future proofing evidence should i need to contact NowTV if there is any dispute on my account.