cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyB
Legend

Sky Glass versus Now plus other subscriptions

it’s nigh-on impossible to figure out what Sky are doing with their new Streaming and puck offer; I’ve had a report of the month by month offering priced at the 18-month contract offer price, and other price discrepancies, and I can’t find out how, if at all, you get Netflix Standard instead of Netflix Basic, and at what cost in the Streaming offer.

(Normally, it comes when you take the HD add-on, but Streaming is already HD, but with Netflix Basic),

So there are a few assumptions below, but here’s the calculation for my package:-

Sky Glass (18 months, or monthly if you can get that deal, by month)

Sky Ultimate £26

Cinema £10

Netflix Standard £4 (upgrade from Basic, best estimate I can make)

Total £40 a month

Free puck, one-time £20 setup fee

Sky Glass monthly (as published)

Sky Ultimate £29

Cinema £12

Netflix Standard £4 (upgrade from Basic, best estimate I can make)

Total £45 a month

£20 puck, one-time £40 setup fee

Now plus other subscriptions

Ent, Cinema, Boost £15 (retention offers, but Now are having a laugh on Boost)

Paramount+ £7 (included with Cinema on Sky Streaming)

Netflix £11 (Standard with HD)

Total £33

Anyone additionally subscribing to Discovery+/EuroSports at £7 would break even with Sky Streaming at £40

Other factors:

Pro Sky:

Possibility to upgrade to UHD.

Lots of additional channels.

Telephone support.

Pro Now:

May not need an additional device to get it.

Move from room to room at no additional cost.
Or no need to carry a Now device about, possibly.

No setup fee.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

yeah I don't think I will be subscribing wish sky glass had premier sports tho

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've just got Sky Stream set up and I can confirm that Netflix is £4 for HD and £8 for UHD hope that helps.Sky Cinema is £11, Sky Sports is £25 and BT Sports is £30 but £27 for 18 months it says on the MySkyApp not sure if that means I would need take for 18 months or not though. 

Wow, that seems eye-watering to me. A very expensive way to get cheaper Netflix, if that's your bag.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

£11 for Sky Cinema isn't a lot seeing as you get Paramount Plus included on Sky Glass. Sky Sports for £25 is the offer price often given on NOW and yeah the BT Sport is high but rest isn't too bad.

redchiz1
Champion 2

If you find particularly compelling content there then go for it. Any suggestions?

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User any info on additional pucks/boxes on the same account. I'd be interested to know if they are discounted and IP dependant. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry no I can try and find out I expect they are £50 though like on normal glass whole home is £10 a month 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User so the pricing for the extra pucks is quite eye watering. £39.95 set up fee for each additional device and £12 a month for whole home subscription! Sky's terms state if you use an additional box at a different address they will charge you for a separate subscription so I assume they will know if you connect to a different router!

redchiz1
Champion 2

Anything? Worth paying more for the added content than the £1 I am currently paying NOW? It seems like another example of bundling to offer ostensibly better value, but they choose, rather than you. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are very lucky you are only paying £1 majority will be not.

redchiz1
Champion 2

I appreciate that, but frankly I wouldn't pay any more. I rarely watch anything on Cinema, maybe the odd classic. The main reason I took up this offer is because it included a month's free Boost.