cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Cinema Month Pass that I didn't order!

Hello

Can someone tell me why it was the case yesterday evening that A Sky Cinema Free Trial was added to my account that I didn't ask for?

I can see two MASSIVE problems with this.

1. I didn't initiate the process of requesting a free trial to Sky Cinema at any stage.

2. The Sky Cinema Pass that was added to my account states that in 14 days I would be charged a full months subscription. So within two weeks, I would be paying for a service that I didn't even order!

The only thing that I have actively done on my account over the previous couple of days was cancel my Entertainment Pass free trial.

Surely this breaks either GDPR or mis-selling rules, doesn't it?

Please can someone clarify why a Sky Cinema pass that I didn't order has been added to my account. I would do this through live chat, but for some reason that doesn't appear to work in my browser.

13 REPLIES 13
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried filling this form out?

https://account.nowtv.com/payments/query/incorrect-charge

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Gav,

I'm pleased to say that the company has agreed to refund me for this latest issue, as I clearly hadn't used the passes.

I will try that form, next time. In the past, I have raised a number of queries and one complaint. These have all been ignored.

Marvin.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Just to be clear - NowTV sent you, unrequested, a free trial which turned into two separate chargeable passes?

Have you, too, perhaps disposed of a ‘Live’ NowTV device that someone else is using?

Can you check your Devices page, to see if there are any Devices, or recent uses of Devices, that you don’t recognise as yours?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Roy,

That's right. On three occasions, I have been charged for passes that I didn't order.

Thank you for the thought about devices. I have checked and the equipment is all in my possession.

Marvin.