cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signed up for Boost but still seeing third party ads before and during an episode

I recently started the £15 for 3 months offer and have been watching House of the Dragon. No ads so far.

However, I just started to watch episode 3 and now I'm seeing ads BEFORE and DURING the episode.

So I did a bit of reading about this and signed up for the free 7 day trial of Boost, BUT I'm STILL seeing third party ads in the same places.

Why?

This is infuriating as I really do detest ads.

So why am I still seeing third party ads?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Unless you log out and back in to the device it can take up to 4 hours for boost to kick in.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

If you've added Boost via our website, your account could take up to 4 hours to reflect the fact that you've added it. To get around this, you can trigger your account to update by signing out of the NOW app and signing back in again.

Or are you talking about Live TV? Then these adverts are not going anywhere.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm watching NowTV on my PC using a browser and have tried signing out and back in again but sadly to no avail.

I can't believe it takes four hours for Boost to kick in - why is this?

This is so incredibly annoying - after a real tough day I just sat down to relax and watch a couple of episodes of House of the Dragon and have now spent a lot of time looking into the ads issue, messing around signing up for the Boost free trial and then typing these messages.

I'm not at all happy.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If I’m being honest I have no idea why it takes so long to activate. 

What happens if you try using the app on your phone? That might give it a kick up the backside to start off the boost for no ads with on demand content.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I may give that a try.