cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohammad
Advocate

Sharing account with friend

If I purchase now tv boost package for sharing, is it ok to share my account with a friend ?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mohammad 

Yeah nothing against this as I do the same with my parents. 
Assuming you have full trust in your friend to not purchase any additional memberships. Otherwise I’d slap on a payment PIN on your account t just to be safe.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-pin-settings

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Mohammad
Advocate

Thanks! 

I was thinking about this from more of a T&Cs or ethical pov. I know it is technically possible (i do trust my friend) but given that NOW mention the word "household" I wonder what the official 'rule' is about friends. 

Anyone who works at NOW or heard an answer before able to help??

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mohammad 

It doesn’t need to be the same household as I don’t live with my parents. As long as you have the relevant equipment to stream NOW and the memberships then you’re good to go. 
It’s only Netflix right now that are showing to be super awkward about things!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Mohammad 

If your friend lives in the same dwelling as you, then they are part of the same household as you, even though you are not related.

Though if your friend lives at a different postal address - even a different flat in the same building - then they are not part of the same household.

But wherever your friend lives, also note Now’s prohibition on charging anyone to watch your Now. Which sharing the subscription costs between you would count as.

We circumvent this by sharing two streaming services with our son; he pays for one, and we the other.

So if you are bound, or hold yourself, to a rather stricter moral code than some of us follow, you should bear these things in mind.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.