cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Shady and misleading conduct and refusal for a Refund !

For such a huge company I am shocked by how low you guys stoop to take money from peoples hands especially when people are struggling to make an income. 

I didn't get the chance to learn that a month pass (wording that suggests its for a month only) until after I have paid for it and even then then its not very clear that I am on a roll on contract.

I do not get any reminders or receipt emails when that month is coming to an end. You keep that important information real quite so you can use the small print and deflective design principles against me. 

You thieving ###### hats kept me going for two more months with no notification or authorisation from me. I only found out when I went over my bank statements. You stole 50 pounds in the process for a product I did not want at that time. 

When asked for a refund I am given a condescending copy and paste auto response and a worthless free voucher! 

I want my money back!

You trick and mislead your customer base. When trying to resolve the matter you circle jerk me with your website which does more circle jerking and never resolves a problem. You wont answer the phone and have done everything within your power to stop me from talking to real person. 

This is not acceptable

5 REPLIES 5
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User 

1. This is a customer forum. You're ranting to other customers which is pointless.

2. An email is sent to the registered email address with every purchase made from NowTV and that email will state that a monthly pass auto renews.

4. The terms and conditions available on the NowTV site clearly state all monthly passes auto renew.

5. When making a purchase from NowTV you are asked to create an account. Browsing that account will clearly show you what you've purchased, that it renews on a given date and what you'll be charged on that date.

6. Any phone line advertised is for broadband users only and isn't answered outside of advertised hours.

7. Email customerservices @ nowtv.com (ensuring no spaces) but I suggest you refrain from swearing like you've done here or they'll just ignore you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

1. This is not just a rant. It just outlines your unethical practices. You use Dark design UX UI principles to trick people into a subscription service. The entire process of purchase and activation is not clear cut at all. 

2. Auto renewal is only notified after 'activation' and not before or during purchase of the pass. I had already purchased a month pass under the pretext it was month long pass only.  Most people would assume they get what they pay for at the point of purchase and not get roped into a subscription post purchase during the activation process post purchase. That's entrapment. 

3. No notification or receipt of any further transactions in the following months were provided. ( you took money from my account with no notification or consent) 

4. Phones are only open for broadband services only. (I tried office hours and got redirected to your website which is of no use). This is a well documented 'dark design' UX UI principle designed to make the customer give up. 

5. emails have been sent and the result has been unsatisfactory with a "free voucher" which I have effectively paid for already. Its absolutely worthless. I am still out of pocket

6. I want to talk with a human being in person and not a bot or auto response messages to this issue in particular (This suggest that misleading your clients a very common problem)

I'm struggling to see how any of this is an acceptable way to conduct business. 

You guys make customer care a very frustrating experience and appears you do this on purpose. And if you read the post properly you could deduct that the redacted word wasn't a swearword or at least not an aggressive one. If you just cut the crap, acted with some transparency your jobs would be so much easier. 

Put me through to a human being please using  a telephone number that works. It's not difficult. you are the expert so can you make that happen please.  

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User the constant use of you and your are badly misplaced. As I've already stated, everyone here are customers like yourself and have nothing to do with NowTV or it's operation. Your continued ranting is falling on deaf ears and gets you no closer to your goal. Unless that is, your goal is to shout into a void!

Try 'Resolver'. You'll find them listed if you do a  search and they might listen to you but then again, they might not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just want to have the service I was told I would be getting - I'm not - trying to get it sorted is nigh on impossible - so far?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

.................... and I certainly don't want a badge!