cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Scammed by NOWTV

I contacted NOWTV several times and made it known I was leaving my home and wanted to end my subscription. They told me everything was fine and billing would stop. They lied.

They proceeded to withdraw 19 consecutive months of subscription from my account despite the numerous attempts I made to let them know throughout this period, to say I have cancelled. Each and everytime they said it would be fine and I would be refunded. 

they now refuse to refund me the £189.81 they have stolen from my accounts. This is theft and there is no doubt about it. There is very little more I could have done. I am not computer savvy and didn’t know how to use their online system but I let them know a dozen times that I was leaving with ample notice. 

if you think I am the only person with this issue, then check their trustpilot reviews. They barely get more than 1 star and are labelled as “terrible”. Avoid this company they are thieves and scam customers that are leaving. Some of you will have this issue when leaving. 

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to give this thread a thumbs up, but this stupid platform won't allow it. 

Keep going mate, it's your money.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I see you managed it in the end. Platform not as stupid as you thought?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Where you still in a minimum contract term when you left? Even so, the amount you mention does seem high. Or are you referring to a TV subscription?

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

189.81/19 = 9.99

So clearly a Cinema or Entertainment TV Subscription.

(Composed two days ago, but stuck in Drafts 😢)

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

precisely. i was charhed for 19 months until they finally processed the cancellation. I had tried to contact them 3 months following my first attempt to cancel and then again at 10 months, then finally at 19 months they seemed to get the message, or were happy with how much money they were able to steal from accounts.... who knows.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Redchiz1. No i was not, the contract was finished and i was on a rolling contract. I gave them 6 weeks notice to cancel my subscriptions and they assured me everything would be fine. they lied.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You said subscriptions. 
What was the subscriptions, broadband, cinema, entertainment, boost, hayu, sports?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

As @redchiz1  asked is this against TV or broadband?

Since the company provides more than one service.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV package. I had given them 6 weeks notice to cancel and was on a rolling monthly contract. I had completed the minimum contract period long before cancelling.