cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

SKY Sports £5.99 recurring payment

back in April I purchased a SKY Sports day pass, usual fee, but also have had a recurring payment taken from my debit card registered on my account, each month, for a lesser amount of £5.99. My bank say because it's a debit card recurring payment I must speak to the retailer (NOW TV). They don't want to know and I can't stop it. I bought a broadband package and paid for an Entertainment deal to use on a NOW TV box I already had. This account is active, but nowhere can I find the SKY TV payment etc. 

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

On your bank statement is there any reference to Sports Mobile or Entertainment with a unique five or six digit reference code.

If so by quoting this reference code to NOW live chat they should find the NOW account it was billed on.

A charge of £5.99 per month sounds to me like the Entertainment discount NOW was giving with their NOW Broadband package.

NOW sometimes offers a freebie Sports Mobile Membership with its Day Sports Pass purchase, but this Mobile Sports Membership whatever duration the deal offer is doesn't normally auto renew and usually there is no need to cancel according to their T&C's of this particular offer.

Also check all your email addresses in your name for any email correspondence from NOW.

Also see if you have created multiple NOW accounts with this Account Finder green button tool on this NOW help article page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The £5.99 sounds like a discounted recurring payment for the Entertainment pass. (Or are you paying for that separately, and didn’t think it was worth mentioning?)

Or can you tell it is actually Sky Sports in some way? In which case it sounds like a Mobile Sports Pass, possibly carrying on from a free offer you got when you bought the Day Pass?

But £5.99 doesn’t correspond to the current price of anything.

If you go into My Account/Account Summary/Memberships, you can see what Now thinks you are subscribed to, and cancel anything that doesn’t belong.

But if the £5,99 isn’t there, then the likelihood is that you have a second account. You may be able to find this here:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/cancelled-but-still-being-charged

If you still can’t track down where this £5.99 charge is coming from, then talk to Live Chat:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quickly’ if you have come to this screen. This leads to the Nowbot, an AI bot that would assist you in navigating the Help very nicely; but if you are here, you have already gone beyond that.

Your bank is quite wrong about CPAs (recurring debit/credit card payments), by the way; while they certainly can’t tell you what the payment is for, they can, and they must, stop it at your request.

But that doesn’t solve the root problem, so much better to proceed as above, and either find it yourself, or have Live Chat find it for you and deal with it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you Roy and Schanpps I'm on the case now