cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ripped off

I lost around £500 because passes were autorenewed on a NOWTV account that I didn't know was live or even aware off.

Problem compounded because it was linked to a freeserve email and freeserve shut down.
I never requested or used their services and they took around £50 per month from my bank account.
From the little information I can get they believe it was started by a1 month prepaid voucher used by my son which somehow morphed into paying for every pass available from NOWTV and autorenewed each pass indefinitely.
I feel prepaid vouchers should not be allowed to autorenew as this goes against the reason and spirit of pre paid vouchers in the first place.

Not happy and I am looking for any way to pursue them for my money.

This kind of behaviour is dishonest and should not be legal IMO.

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. First off make sure you've cancelled any passes you don't want as they will roll over each month until cancelled. 

You can cancel your pass by going to your My Account > My Passes page http://account.nowtv.com/passes

You should see a list of any active passes you have on your account, with a cancel button next to them. Just click cancel and follow the steps all the way to the end.You should receive an email confirmation but you might want to take a screenshot of the cancelled pass as well.

If you have more than one type of pass you need to cancel each separately.

As for a refund, if you haven't already your first step should be to try talking to live chat, explaining the situation and seeing if they can do anything for you. To get there go to the following help page

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

I would also recommend enabling your Payment PIN in your account, this will prevent accidental or unauthorised payments in the future. If you have a NOW TV Box it's easy for people to accidentally purchase a pass. To turn your Payment PIN on, go to your My Account > Payment PIN page

http://account.nowtv.com/payment-pin

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Similar thing happened to me. Did the free trial & then cancelled the passes I had trialled in March this year. They have been taking about 17-18 pound off me every month since. Only just noticed it on my bank statement. Haven't used Nowtv since the trial and they will only refund me for 2 months. Ridiculous. Was told this would be "escalated" but haven't had the follow up email I was promised. I will be taking this to Consumer Rights & telling everyone I know to have nothing to do with Nowtv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too was ripped off by now, only had 1months trail, cancelled within the time allowed, never used the box afterwards was unpluged and put away, but for seven months now continued to charge me each month as it showed on my sttatement, and each time i got in touch to complain, £67.91 was taken by now, they said they would get back to me about this, nothing happend, every now and then they pester me with offers, i just pester them about the refund, 4 years on, still being pesterd still rattling on about the refund, but the other night i contacted now via live chat like i always do and demaned a refund as i dont have now tv, the advisvor said i should have contacted them sooner, he said i could get two months back, i said no the full amount, he said no only two months, i said no full amount, nothing came of it except now tv have wrote and told me that im happy to close my complaint, nòoooooo im not, its still ££67.91 , if your unhappy about how much they charge, contact trading standards  like i did, my trading standards team say now cannot charge someone for a service they no longer have, desipite repeated attemps to alert now about the problem they continued to take money and ignored my complaint, the issue to resolve the seems to be that you cannot have now tv without a contract, its all a pack of lies, febuary 2014. I stopped watching now tv, its december 2018 im still waiting for my refund. And im going to get it, now tv have chosen the wrong guy to mess with, so if now dont pay up i just tell the everyone what they did, how ever your case is much stronger than mine i would demand total refund in your case.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Should be criminal act what they do IMO, but good luck to you.
I suspect the 1 month free con makes NOW so much money that they don't actually have to sell anything...