cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Removing card details

I’m new to NowTV. I got a 1 week Sky Sports voucher card through PayPal to watch the footie. 

I added the NowTV app to my Apple TV. 

Before I could use the voucher code, I had to set up an account with NowTV and include my credit card details (even though I haven’t subscribed to anything).

I only want to use NowTV occasionally - so will use 1 week/month vouchers from time to time.

Is there a way to use it like this - without needing to store my card details - they’ll never be used.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The short answer is 'no', you have to enter details for a credit or debit card.

Regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The credit/debit card is only used to verify age.  If you are concerned about money been removed without you permission get a revolut account with  £0.10 balance.  The card is on the app. Now TV make a request for 10p but after 7 days it expires. At that point you can withdraw the 10p.  Now TV will be unable to make future withdrawals.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’s a lie because I’m 16 and they don’t mind charging me even when there is no way to stop a purchase. No way to set up a password. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That’s also incorrect. A payment PIN can be set up.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-payment-pin-parental-pin-settings

Expand this section.

How do I change my Payment PIN settings?

You will then see this.

Select My Account and then Settings & PINs to see the settings for your Payment PIN.

From here you can:

• Turn your Payment PIN on or off. You’ll be asked for your Payment PIN first if you want to turn it off.
  • Reset your Payment PIN. To do this:

Step 1:

Select Reset your PIN.

Step 2:

Enter your password, and then enter your new Payment PIN.

Step 3:

Enter your new Payment PIN again, and then select Save PIN.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help