Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remove device?

Hi there

I've been trawling through the community in search of help

All I want to do is remove 1 device from my list (a roku/nowtv stick)

I'm using my android phone to do this 

Maybe that is the problem 

I've just bought a new TV and added that a couple of days ago

Maybe that is the reason 

I'd like to permanently delete my roku/nowtv stick without changing my password 

Could anyone help please

I'm just going around in circles here!

Thanks

Paulnatz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have a read of this

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices 

Until you play on some future different devices the NOW Stick will stay on your list.

The format has changed from previously before, where you could remove a device by hitting the bin icon under your online account under Manage Devices.

You can have up to devices stored on your account and watch on device at a time (3 if you have NOW Boost).

If you're a BT customer, you can watch on 2 devices at once as long as one is a BT TV Box and you start streaming in the correct order. For more details, see the Streaming and devices section here. If you have Boost, you can watch on 3 devices at a time.

Once you’ve added devices up to your maximum of 6, when you start watching on a new device the one with the oldest Last used date and no downloads on it will automatically be removed to make space for it. Devices with downloads on them will be the last to be removed.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @D0m1n1c 

Jump over to live chat (click on the green chat online button from the link page below) and explain to them what's happening.

They should be able to clear all your registered devices and then start again with the devices you want to add.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

RoyB
Legend

@D0m1n1c 

Further to taking @schnapps advice, above:-

Did you set up an existing Now app that you found on your TV?

If so, it may be an old version still applying the old rules, and you would need to update it going forward.

How you do this depends on the make, and perhaps model, of the TV, so if you need any further help with this, it will be useful for us to know what they are.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
D0m1n1c
Mentor
Thanks guys for all your help. This has now been been dealt with - though why you can’t manage your own devices seems ridiculous to me. Having to contact Now online chat to get it done is just a waste of time and to be honest completely outmoded.

Totally ridiculous system…,
RoyB
Legend

@D0m1n1c 

But you don’t.

On a Now device using the latest software, there should be no need to remove an existing device to start using a new seventh one - the oldest-used earlier device with no downloads, or the oldest-used earlier device if they all have downloads, will be automatically removed to make way for it.

If you have a situation where this doesn’t happen, then you have a bug, and not one I’ve seen reported before (though of course it may have gone unreported on here).

As regards being unable to remove devices manually, or rename them, yes, this is a design fault in the new approach that I would dearly like to see remedied.

But nothing should be forcing you to go to Live Chat to get devices removed.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
D0m1n1c
Mentor

@RoyB 

I know the ability to manage your own devices needs addressing, and in my mind should be the first thing they restore.

I did indeed have to contact online help to have my oldest device removed. It was last used in June 2021 and definitely did not have any downloads on it. When I updated the Now App on the new TV I purchased last week and launched it all I got was the error message telling me I could not use it as I already had 6 devices registered !

So I was forced to contact online help to have the device removed (as we know they have revoked the ability to manage your own devices (c**p!!))

Anyhoo my issue, with regard to using the app on my new TV, has now been resolved. Lets hope they realise they need to reinstate the ability to manage your own devices sooner rather than later 😉

Dom

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I think you actually have an entirely different issue.

I take it you only have one stick between you? Than why have two separate accounts? Why not cease whatever pass you have on your account, and add that to his account?

Then nobody has to log in or out. And you can sort the cost out between you, maybe by you just paying him instead of Now, to defray the extra amount he will be paying Now for your passes.

Alternatively, one of you just get a second stick, keep both plugged in, and each use their own stick, so just an input change, not a whole login with all the trimmings.