Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remove device?

Hi there

I've been trawling through the community in search of help

All I want to do is remove 1 device from my list (a roku/nowtv stick)

I'm using my android phone to do this 

Maybe that is the problem 

I've just bought a new TV and added that a couple of days ago

Maybe that is the reason 

I'd like to permanently delete my roku/nowtv stick without changing my password 

Could anyone help please

I'm just going around in circles here!

Thanks

Paulnatz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have a read of this

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices 

Until you play on some future different devices the NOW Stick will stay on your list.

The format has changed from previously before, where you could remove a device by hitting the bin icon under your online account under Manage Devices.

You can have up to devices stored on your account and watch on device at a time (3 if you have NOW Boost).

If you're a BT customer, you can watch on 2 devices at once as long as one is a BT TV Box and you start streaming in the correct order. For more details, see the Streaming and devices section here. If you have Boost, you can watch on 3 devices at a time.

Once you’ve added devices up to your maximum of 6, when you start watching on a new device the one with the oldest Last used date and no downloads on it will automatically be removed to make space for it. Devices with downloads on them will be the last to be removed.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have a read of this

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices 

Until you play on some future different devices the NOW Stick will stay on your list.

The format has changed from previously before, where you could remove a device by hitting the bin icon under your online account under Manage Devices.

You can have up to devices stored on your account and watch on device at a time (3 if you have NOW Boost).

If you're a BT customer, you can watch on 2 devices at once as long as one is a BT TV Box and you start streaming in the correct order. For more details, see the Streaming and devices section here. If you have Boost, you can watch on 3 devices at a time.

Once you’ve added devices up to your maximum of 6, when you start watching on a new device the one with the oldest Last used date and no downloads on it will automatically be removed to make space for it. Devices with downloads on them will be the last to be removed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps 

So I guess as I don't need or use the stick I could permanently disable it by smashing it and binning it and it will eventually disappear from my device list

Makes sense 

Thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The registered list is now a dynamic list and to totally remove the old Stick off the list you will need to use and watch a number of new devices until the stick was the seventh last device watched.

To be honest it's a strange method that NOW have made here and also there is no option now to rename your devices, which you could have done previously.

If you are going to throw out the old Stick then make sure you fully factory reset it to remove all trace of any account login details.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This was my thoughts about a factory reset 

However I've lost the remote 

I'm sure there's some kind of button to hold on the side that might do a reset 

But if that didn't work I was just going to use a hammer until the stick was totally obliterated 

Works for me!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Normally holding in the small reset button on the Stick for around 15 seconds whilst the Stick and television is powered up will usually fully factory reset the Stick with the "Lets Get Started" message popping up on the television screen.

Or a hammer will also do the trick 😁.

starman73
Elite

If you lose remote, you can use the Roku app on phone to replace it.  And do factory reset from there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I want to delete my latest nowtv stick from my devices so my husband can login and use it.  what you are saying is that, because it is the last device used, i will have to buy 5 mobile phones and add nowtv to each of them until eventually my nowtv stick is removed from my list.  This is crazy.

At the moment the only way my husband can use the stick with his account is to sign me out and then sign himself in with his username and password - which is incredibly difficult using a remote.

I can fully understand why one member talked of using a hammer to smash his device - not good

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

All you need to do is login to a device and watch NOW. This new device will then automatically “remove” device number 6 from the list.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
D0m1n1c
Mentor

I have just purchased a new TV but when I have setup the NOW app on it it won't let me watch as it says I already have six devices. I thought it was meant to kick off the last device and add my new TV ? My last device was last used in 06/21 but it just stays there (it doesn't even exist anymore).

What can be done ?