cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeeM3
Observer

Remove a Device

Hello, 

on my account there a couple of devices I don’t recognise. Very confusing as I’ve not gave out my details to anybody. I’ve changed my password but these devices still have access to my account so clearly changing a password when logged in doesn’t work, I need help with this as the people I share the account with can’t get access to it. If there is no fix to this I will have no choice but to cancel NOW. 

thanks 

lee

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LeeM3 

See this thread 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/I-need-to-force-a-log-out/td-p/594554/jump-to/first-u...

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@LeeM3 wrote:

Hello, 

on my account there a couple of devices I don’t recognise. Very confusing as I’ve not gave out my details to anybody. I’ve changed my password but these devices still have access to my account so clearly changing a password when logged in doesn’t work, I need help with this as the people I share the account with can’t get access to it. If there is no fix to this I will have no choice but to cancel NOW. 

thanks 

lee

@LeeM3 

So you have yourself logged on these sharers, as you say you haven't given out your details?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

You have not given your details out to anybody, but you share your account with others? It can't be both. Perhaps one of them has shared your details further? Your account details are your responsibility, you cannot hold NOW responsible. You can however contact them to remove all devices.

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

If I pop round your house, and put my account details into a TV you own, without you seeing my password, then I will have shared my account with you without sharing (all) my details.

I’d better have set a Payment PIN, and I will need to bear in mind that you now have one of my Boost slots, but I think Now have cunningly arranged things so that you can neither learn, nor replace, my password under these circumstances.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.