cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Will16

Refunding

Hiya I got the ‘free trial‘ (wasn’t free it charged me £1) and I cancelled it on the settings app (iPhone) and today it has automatically renewed it through PayPal and I was not aware the setting app cancel didn’t also cancel the PayPal renewal. Please may I be refunded as I do not want this service nor did I mean to buy it. I can’t get support through apple either because there’s no invoice as the free trial was free and the payment came though now tv instead of apple
2 REPLIES 2
redchiz1
Champion 2

A wee bit confusing this one. First, where and how did you get the "free trial" and what was it for? Second was this via NOW directly, or via Apple? 

RoyB
Legend

@Will16 

Adding to what @redchiz1 has said, the only UK free trial is for Hayu. Is that what you had a trial of?

Otherwise, you didn’t have a free trial, you took out an immediate subscription, and were charged accordingly.

Though not by the £1, which is temporarily reserved on your card, not charged, so it only alters your credit limit, not your balance, and that only for a short period.

And Apple is a red herring here; I don’t know why you mentioned them; even if you signed up on an Apple device, you didn’t sign up through Apple.

When you cancelled, did you get an email confirming this? If you didn’t, then you didn’t complete the cancel correctly, and you should go back and redo it.

But whether you did or not, you signed up for at least a month of Now membership, and the deal is that when you cancel during that month, there is no refund, but you can still use Now for the month you have paid for.

But if you want your quids back because the ‘free trial’ offer has backfired on you, then gather the details of what should have been your free trial and contact Now for a refund:-

The following link, which leads you to direct contact with Now, is for when the Community can’t help, and the Help can’t help:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; you won’t.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.