cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Refund

Hi, 

I've tried using the live chat feature 4 times now and each time I eventually get disconnected. 4th time the chat just became totally unresponsive. Is NOWTV having system issues? 

So today I noticed a NOWTV transaction pending on my bank account for £9.99. I knew this was wrong because I specifically only kept my NOWTV account for the HAYU reality TV channels and they only cost £3.99. Well, now £4.99 apparently. 

Tried to get into my account, couldn't. Had to reset password.

Turns out I am subscribed to two passes.. Entertainment and Hayu.

Cancelled Entertainment immediately and have just been sat here totally confused on how this has happened.

There was a £1 trial taken out on February 21st which I do not recall taking out myself.

I moved into my first home on Friday February 28th and BT Openreach had delayed our broadband connection due to complications on their side. So I had no Internet. Then COVID-19 happened and BT Openreach couldn't sent engineers out to connect us because of the virus. We weren't connected to Internet until around April onwards. So there was absolutely no way for me to watch NOWTV only basic terrestrial alerial TV! We couldn't even use 4G as there is no signal around here.

Lockdown, no Internet, furloughed job = torture. Lol.

Turns out NOWTV can't tell me what device and login location this happened on either. So there is no way of me jogging my memory or finding out whether it was unauthorised.

I asked them what movies were watched and NOWTV has told me there has been no viewings. Which is correct because I didn't realise I was subscribed until today and I said for a fact I don't use it. 

So now I am thinking I must have taken the membership out myself on 21st February and moved into my new home 28th February with no Internet and not cancelled it properly or completely forgotten about it. Moving house is pretty stressful, especially when things aren't going smoothly.. and so I've only noticed today, now October that I'm being charged monthly for the Entertainment service.

As far as I was aware I was only supposed to be paying for Hayu. 

I'd like a refund for the entertainment pass, especially considering I'm in dire financial circumstances. Eating on a maxed out overdraft.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Should live chat keep timing out or disconnecting on you, then drop NowTV a message instead by using the blue highlighted web form contained in this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps 

I've just noticed they sent an email apologising for the chat disconnection which was good of them! 

Do you have any idea whether they would kindly refund the Entertainment pass or do they have a reputation of saying no?

They told me themselves that there hasn't even been a single viewing on it. 0 watches! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

i am a customer just like you and i wouldn't like to say either way if they will offer a full refund or not.

Because you have not watched anything on the Entertainment Pass that may go your way with regards to a full refund.

Anyway hope you get the full refund that you are seeking.