cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Refund overdue

Once my contract was up with Now TV I switched providers half way through the month. Because of the month in advance payment, I was due a refund for part of the month not use - this is between £10-15. On my final bill it shows this as being credited back to me, but no money has gone into my bank account at all. The original fee of £18/m came out, but to this day I haven’t received my refund. It’s been well over 10

working days now since the bill shows the refund should have been sent back. There are no agents to contact either which is incredibly frustrating. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, I was originally told this would be automatically sorted but apparently not. I had to call this number (0800 759 1213‬), and a contact centre advisor was able to issue the refund. Even though the bill shows it as having been issued, it’s not true, the credit just sits in the account.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am in the same boat. My final bill insists my credit was paid back to me 6 days ago! Nothing in bank. Let me know how you get on as I can't find a number either.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, I was originally told this would be automatically sorted but apparently not. I had to call this number (0800 759 1213‬), and a contact centre advisor was able to issue the refund. Even though the bill shows it as having been issued, it’s not true, the credit just sits in the account.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for number, very useful but the frustration continues. The claim now is that they do not have sufficient details to process a refund. This cannot be true as they have of course successfully managed to take payment from my account through the life of the contract. It just feels like delay tactics. Was put on hold multiple times I think in expectation that I would get bored and hang up. How do they expect to get repeat business working like this? 

How many people do give up or forget to 'claim' money that should have just been returned and what happens to all of that money as it must be substantial over a period.

I have a manager calling me back within 3 hours apparently. Next step Offcom and MSE.

Anonymous65
Advocate

I have had the same problem.  I was advised that a partial refund would be automatically made on 4 August, but no payment received.  I e-mailed the following day, but no response, and have reminded them again since via e-mail, again with no response.  According to My Account, a refund was processed on 4 August, but has still not hit my card account.  I ditched their broadband because they hiked the price by 39% without informing me in advance.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous65 

Call the broadband team using the number from the below link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous65
Advocate

Thanks for the advice, but on seeing the other responses, I've logged another complaint.

Sinj

I appear to be in  the same situation. My a refund (£25.73) is showing as paid on the 19th of August but nothing in my bank account yet. I will try the number above - thank you