cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Refund needed.

I made an account for now tv and sky cinema And was charged £20 even though i cancelled it minutes later. It has been a few weeks since i have not received my money back. Please refund ASAP. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

I take it you were a returning customer, which is why you were charged immediately, rather than someone who started a new account, and would have got the 7 days free trial on each?

And that you accessed both a Movie and an Entertainment programme, which would have been needed to restart each pass and have you charged for it?

But when you Cancel, you don’t cancel the pass you are on, you just stop the pass from auto-renewing on the next billing cycle.

So as far as NowTV are concerned, they aren’t expecting that you are expecting a refund, which is why nothing has been forthcoming.

But if you want to contact NowTV and explain what happened, by Live Chat or email, they should be able to see that you made only the slightest use of the Passes (why?) and you can discuss with them if any refund would be possible :-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

I take it you were a returning customer, which is why you were charged immediately, rather than someone who started a new account, and would have got the 7 days free trial on each?

And that you accessed both a Movie and an Entertainment programme, which would have been needed to restart each pass and have you charged for it?

But when you Cancel, you don’t cancel the pass you are on, you just stop the pass from auto-renewing on the next billing cycle.

So as far as NowTV are concerned, they aren’t expecting that you are expecting a refund, which is why nothing has been forthcoming.

But if you want to contact NowTV and explain what happened, by Live Chat or email, they should be able to see that you made only the slightest use of the Passes (why?) and you can discuss with them if any refund would be possible :-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No im not a returning customer and i cancelled the two passes Straight away. So give refund asap
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

As Roy mentioned you'll need to contact us via live chat using the link he provided. You'll also need a copy of the email you received to confirm your cancellation that matches the date you cancelled.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I accepted 7 Day Trial and canceled (I thought before the trial ended). After I was asked to find confirmation email and I couldnt't find it I have given up and decided to use the pass I paid for I have cancelled the repeat payment that would be due 7th July but now it wont let me access unless I agree to continue payments? I know I could accept and cancel nearer the time but dont trust the process and just want to watch tv until 7th July