cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Reached maximum device activity limit on your account! FIX?

Hi, I got a new apple TV today and i am trying to watch a movie but as the subject says im getting that error! After doing a few google searches I realised that Im only allowed to add a specific number of devices a month but in my situation I bought a ChromeCast and exchanged it for an apple TV so is there any chance I can register the apple tv? I've deleted two devices from my account and have two empty slots. Any help would be appreatiated thanks

54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks casey but still stuck. Pop up says sorry youve already used this months allowance for adding devices..... but my account says no devices regtrd!!Mark
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It's because once you've watched on four different devices in the past then the device limit rules kick in, where you can now only add one new device a month, even if you delete several. So if you've already added a device this month, then even if you delete all the devices the system won't let you add another one until the beginning of the next month.

Casey's right, if you have a word with Live Chat and explain what's happened they may be able to reset your device limit for you as a one-off. To get there go to the following help page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Device-limit-reached

and click the green Contact Us button near the bottom left of it (not the How to Contact Us link right at the bottom as that takes you somewhere else) then choose the Live Chat option on the following page.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with is here at NOW TV. 

I have sent you an email in regards to your query. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi ive tried to watch a tv show and it popped up and said "sorry, youve already used this months allowance for adding new devices, youll be able to change again next month" I saw this pop up and deleted all my devices from my account so I could then put them back on. The same message is still popping up. How do I fix this? You can clearly see im not using more than 4 devices. It's only the beginning of the month, I have paid my subscription fee, so surely you can fix this. 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The Now device limit is 4 devices of which you can watch on 2. They however understand that people have problems such as this. I would recommend you explain the situation and ask them to help you. I would also recommend that if you are getting help adding a device, you ask them to stay on line whilst you check the device is working. This will save you having to search for chat again. please contact Now chat via this link

Contact Us...

they are open 8 - midnight

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I recently added my 4 th Apple TV to my account last month. But now one of my old ones froze up and I had to reset it to factory settings. Now it says maximum device activity limit reached. Must I really wait a complete month for it to work again?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'live chat' facility... They're usually pretty quick at resolving such things 😉

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can wait for a month @Anonymous User or you can go ahead and change that now, I've just given you a couple of device changes to make on your account 😉

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi renewed today cleared 1-2 devices and stating i have hit my limited for month.  not happy as only renewed today and kids looking forward to watching some movies.  Please can you reset asap.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility and explain your situation to them... They're usually pretty quick at resolving such things 😉

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers