cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Reached maximum device activity limit on your account! FIX?

Hi, I got a new apple TV today and i am trying to watch a movie but as the subject says im getting that error! After doing a few google searches I realised that Im only allowed to add a specific number of devices a month but in my situation I bought a ChromeCast and exchanged it for an apple TV so is there any chance I can register the apple tv? I've deleted two devices from my account and have two empty slots. Any help would be appreatiated thanks

54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User working here, you need to click on the "Contact Us" button, not the "How to contact us" link in the footer. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Where is the contact us button?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices - Contact Us is blue box bottom left

Just checked and it works fine from my laptop

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signed up for the free trial (they sent me thorugh an offer to run the trial again), opened now TV on my PC. Clicked a movie to check quality. All good. Loaded it up on my sons iPad. Went to sit down with family to watch a film on the PS4 "Sorry you have used up all your device allocations for this month". Logged into my account & cancelled.

Until you get rid of this ridiculous device allocation thing I have exactly zero interest in Now TV. Should be based on max users watching at once otherwise it's completely pointless for a lot of people who have more than two devices in their house.

Back to Netflix & Amazon Prime (the latter of which I can download & watch on the train...)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that you cancelled your pass.

The reason we have device limit is quite simple really. We have to adhere to those limits to get great content for our customers. If we would like to change the limit, it would possibly mean our subscription prices will go up or even that we can't get those amazing films at all.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be fair, i'm sure it works for for many people but for my family of two adults & two kids, it's just far to limiting to consider. I appreciate though that you get newer films & TV than Netflix and Amazon but it just won't work for me. Haven't even bothered watching anything as the trial is locked to two machines that I don't use for the month.

Thanks anyway and thanks for the response.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

one of my registered devices is Apple TV, when I try to watch a movie it comes up I've reached the maximum device activity limit on my account even though it's already part of my account devices, can anyone help? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting on our Forum 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your Device Management.

I've just sent you an email so we can get this sorted out as soon as possible, just reply back to that and we can move on from there.

Thanks,

Ryan

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi can someone please help? I've read lots of the posts but nothing seems quite right for me.

my account says device limit reached wait to add next month but it also says no devices registered and I can swipe to add or remove any.

am pretty lost really.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello. 🙂

Check out this page:

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Device-limit-reached

If it doesn't help, click contact us at the bottom and on the next page you will see a live chat button. Click that to get more help.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂