cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Random PIN applied

When I try to watch a channel (Sky Comedy in this case) I am being asked to enter my Parental PIN. I have never set up a PIN nor showed any interest in doing so, I have logged in to nowtv.com/mypins and it shows that no PINs are set and everything is to off.

Why has this PIN been applied?

How do I get rid of it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yes you need to setup a four digit parental pin under My Account > Settings & Pins.

Then you can switch it off, but when watching live movies or the live Sky Atlantic, Sky Documentary or Sky Comedy channel during the watershed you will be prompted to use your four digit pin number.

If you read the link i posted it should guide you how to set up a parental pin.

Should you be using an older white NowTV box for example i believe a parental pin will be necessary to be entered whilst watching any live Entertainment channel even after the watershed.

I use 1111 which is the minimum amounts of presses on my NowTV remote.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A parental pin for watching live Sky Cinema channels have been used for over a year now.

Where a parental pin for three of the NowTV Entertainment live channels before the watershed have been introduced in the last week or so.

There is no way to disable it 😠, where it is a mandatory requirement forced onto NowTV by OFCOM.

More information in this link below about the NowTV Parental Pin.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-parental-pin 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, am I correct in thinking I then need to go into my account and turn the PIN to On in order to set one?

At the moment I've none set so I have no idea what the PIN they're looking for actually is...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yes you need to setup a four digit parental pin under My Account > Settings & Pins.

Then you can switch it off, but when watching live movies or the live Sky Atlantic, Sky Documentary or Sky Comedy channel during the watershed you will be prompted to use your four digit pin number.

If you read the link i posted it should guide you how to set up a parental pin.

Should you be using an older white NowTV box for example i believe a parental pin will be necessary to be entered whilst watching any live Entertainment channel even after the watershed.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

I'm going to change mine to that now because you're right that would amount to the minimum number of button presses  required can't believe I didn't think of it myself.  

@schnapps perhaps your now becoming the Jedi Master and I should retire 😅

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.