cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Purchased Entertainment Pass Not Activated How do I cancel safely?

Hi I bought a 2 month special offer entertainment pass which I have not activated yet. If I cancel the next payment (which I wnat to do) does this affect my expiry date for the pass I have bought?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are not going to use or activate your new voucher pass straight away and keeping it saved for a couple of months.

Then i would cancel your rolling monthly entertainment subscription pass, until in the future when you are ready redeem your 2 month voucher.

Depending on what type of nowtv voucher you have, they vary with regards to how long they are valid for (some are 6 months, some last 12 months, where some promo offer codes only last a short time before they expire).

What type of nowtv voucher have you got and where did you get it from ? 

Usually what i tend to do is when in the last month of a voucher expiring on my account i cancel it but still get the full duration out of the voucher pass.

Once you apply the voucher and it says your are on an offer, make sure you cancel in advance before the next due payment date of £7.99 on your account.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are not going to use or activate your new voucher pass straight away and keeping it saved for a couple of months.

Then i would cancel your rolling monthly entertainment subscription pass, until in the future when you are ready redeem your 2 month voucher.

Depending on what type of nowtv voucher you have, they vary with regards to how long they are valid for (some are 6 months, some last 12 months, where some promo offer codes only last a short time before they expire).

What type of nowtv voucher have you got and where did you get it from ? 

Usually what i tend to do is when in the last month of a voucher expiring on my account i cancel it but still get the full duration out of the voucher pass.

Once you apply the voucher and it says your are on an offer, make sure you cancel in advance before the next due payment date of £7.99 on your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks a million all I needed to know 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just added a further bit of information to my previous post.

Asking what type of 2 month entertainment voucher you have and where you got it from ?

The reason for the question is that different types of nowtv vouchers, gift cards and third party promotional offers have different expiry dates and time limits for redeeming a voucher to your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

See below:image_1.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Looking at your screen shot that you have posted you are on a current existing offer until the 12 th of January 2019.

So you won't be able to redeem your new voucher until after the 12th of December 2018 (within the last 30 days) of your current offer on your account.

Have you got a date or month in mind when you would want to use your new extra 2 month entertainment voucher ?

Or if you haven't got any more new spare entertainment vouchers to add, and you just want to cancel the next €15 renewal payment.

Then if it was me i would cancel the entertainment pass towards the end of December, but you will still be able to watch with your nowtv entertainment pass until the 12th of January 2019.

If you are going to cancel make sure you go through all the steps on screen until it shows cancelled next to your entertainment pass on your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi I bought this 2 weeks ago waiting for the new season of tin star I had no intention of activating it until then so I get two full months FROM that date...that's really my question thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yep once your apply the 2 month voucher code or redeem the voucher code on your account you will get the full 2 months of entertainment from date when you added the new voucher Smiley Happy

Looking on the internet Tin Star Season 2 starts on the 24th of January 2019 on Sky Atlantic in the UK (guess it would be the same in the Republic of Ireland).

So i would cancel your existing pass before the 12 th of January 2019 and then wait until Tin Star season 2 starts end of January 2019.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks😎

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just signed up for a 7 day trial, I downloaded the app on my phone, but the app won't download on my Chromebook PC, the download page isn't there, goes to a 404 error page.

Can I cancel within the 7 day trial and if so how?