cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problems creating a New Account

I'm trying to create a new account on Now TV, on top of my existing one. Every time I click 'join now', it just takes me back to the same page. Is anyone else having this problem, or does anyone have any advice for why this is happening and how it can be fixed?

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I’ve reproduced this on my iPad. Even having signed out of both the Community and NowTV overall, any attempt to use Join Now just goes back to the Sign In page.

I don’t know if this is a glitch, a bug, or NowTV somehow remembering us, from the browser history or whatever, and declining to let us have a second account.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

So I started Chrome in Incognito mode, and it was a whole different experience, but you do have to choose a Pass before you can create an account.

So I chose a free Entertainment trial, and did get to a page where I could have created an account. (Theoretically as, like that TV advert, NowTV have existing customer detection processes which would have unmasked me and I would have been refused the free trial.)

So I made my excuses and left. But if I’d wanted to, I could have picked a paid-for Pass and joined again on a different account.

Try it that way.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.