cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wm-0001
Scholar

Prices going up

Boost going up to £6 a month, when it went up to £5 it was a ridiculous increase!

Ad removal and multi access should be separate charges perhaps £3 for each?

HD and surround sound should be standard.

If NOW want to charge for superior picture quality charge for UHD!

27 REPLIES 27
redchiz1
Champion 2

It's a bit of telly, you know? It's not compulsory. 

wm-0001
Scholar

How patronising!

Luckily I’m only paying £1 boost…. 😉

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Luckily I am on a £2/month offer until July.  I have boost for sports for the 50 fps but not convinced it is worth it for movies/entertainment, especially when I never pay more than £3 for them. 

Our Boost price is changing
The standard price of Boost will be going up by £1, to £6.00pm. You'll see the price change reflected in your bills from 28 Feb 2023 onwards. If you're on an offer or a minimum-term plan, your price won't change until your offer or plan ends.
redchiz1
Champion 2

I agree that full price is a bit much, but as I said it's not compulsory. I would likely not have it if I couldn't get a deal. And I find the superior resolution, lack of ads and multiple devices useful for other than Sports. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

For those who haven't seen the notification:

Our Sports Month and Boost prices are changing.

The standard prices will be going up by £1 a month, to £34.99pm for Sports Month Membership and £6pm for Boost. You'll see the price changes reflected in your bills from 28 February onwards. If you're on an offer or a minimum-term plan, your prices won’t change until your offer or plan ends.

chilli2
Elite

Aside from the sports stuff, compared to other streaming services Im of the opinion that Nows  streaming services  are very poor value when you combine movies+entertainment+boost when compared to the likes of Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney plus, Paramount Plus,  and so on .

Nows Entertainment+films with no adds comes in at a whopping £26/month , thats £312/year

£180 more than 12 months of  netflix

£217 more than 12 months of prime ( plus you get the shopping delivery and other benefits with prime)

£242 more than Paramount plus ( 12 month)

and so on.

I know now offer discounts, but even then package+Boost is far from competitive on price.

At least you can jum in and out of Now, however you can do that with other services as well and even on a subscribe for a month then cancel basis Now is far from value for money in comparison  to the others

Still at least you are not tied to a contract and if the prices are high then cancel - other services are better value and there is only so much time to watch all of this TV content

redchiz1
Champion 2

Disagree entirely! Especially when you quote totally meaningless numbers.

chilli2
Elite

The numbers are based on the following, and rounded up by a few pennies

Now Boost £6 per month

Now Cinema £9.99 a month.

Cinema plus boost equals £15.99 a month ( say £16)

Add in entertainment at another £9.99 and you are looking at £25.98 near enough to £26 a month

So if you watch a combination of films and shorter TV content then you are looking at at least £26, add in Hayu and it goes to beyond £30 a month .

So the headline prices are , in my opinion anything but tempting when you can get a combination of TV and films elsewhere on other legitimate services for considerably less.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@chilli2 

Full price TV memberships with NOW are a massive rip off. 
Can’t even remember in the 7 years of being a customer where I’ve paid full price for all memberships at the same time. At most I’ve not had a discount on boost for a long time but generally I’ve never spent more than £15 for boost, cinema and entertainment memberships combined. If I didn’t get any “cancellation” discounts I sure as hell wouldn’t be a customer.

As for sports, couldn’t be a bigger rip off if they tried. Paying £20 and even then I hate paying that price, thankfully split with family so it’s not too painful.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help