cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wm-0001
Scholar

Prices going up

Boost going up to £6 a month, when it went up to £5 it was a ridiculous increase!

Ad removal and multi access should be separate charges perhaps £3 for each?

HD and surround sound should be standard.

If NOW want to charge for superior picture quality charge for UHD!

27 REPLIES 27

I have run out of stuff I want to watch on Entertainment and Cinema. Been watching Amazon FreeVee more. Full HD, one 15 second ad about every 1hr and as its name suggests its free. No annoying trailers that cannot be skipped either unlike NowTV even after paying for Boost. ITVx is full HD for free with ads. NowTV have been filling up with old BBC programmes on Alibi that I have already paid for with the TV Licence. For me at least, they have gone down hill with content and price.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Absolutely, you pay your money and you make your choice. Informed by content that you want, as well as price. For the third time, it's not compulsory! If you are happy with a deal for NOW, or any other provider, then great. If not, just bin it. Although finding a deal with other providers doesn't ever seem to happen. And that is a usp for NOW imho.  🙂

wm-0001
Scholar

No discounts, well charges are reasonable!

NOW  prices are only reasonable with 50% discounts.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

NOW prices are only reasonable with 50% discounts

@wm-0001 

I wouldn’t even say that!  More like 70% for me.

I would not pay more than £3 for cinema.  I was paying £1/month until offer ended at start of the month, but generally I have seen most of the new movies long before they turn up.  I currently pay £5/month for Entertainment with £2/month boost, will keep that while I watch The Last of Us and Succession.  Sports, I current get via Virgin as I got an offer I couldn’t refuse, but again last time I had it I paid £15/month.  Hayu?  I would need to be paid to watch that!

wm-0001
Scholar

Well the standard price would be reasonable if they were 50% the current standard!

That would still allow for small discounts for those that expect discounts?

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@redchiz1 - yes, very few offers elsewhere though I have had Paramount plus free for seven months and have a £1/month offer to use when that expires.  Will be useful to watch Your Honor.  Elsewhere there is Disney Plus for £6/month via O2 Priority and three months free Apple TV, though the seven day trial is sufficient to watch everything on there.  Recommend Bad Sisters and Slow Horses; Ted Lasso is garbage!  Couple of so so Tom Hanks movies but little less.  Never get a Netflix offer.  Amazon is more than streaming, so the benefits of prime include various incentives.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@SweetBlitz Now, you see what I said about which content you find most compelling? It's a matter of personal opinion and taste. I love Ted Lasso and it has been a massive hit for Apple.  🙂

wm-0001
Scholar

How do you have pay O2 before you get Disney+ for £6?

redchiz1
Champion 2

@wm-0001 wrote:

How do you have pay O2 before you get Disney+ for £6?

No idea?

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

if you have Virgin Media or O2 download the priority app.  If you don’t ask a friend with Virgin or O2 to give you the link.